• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to plug into for heated shield on 09 Nytro?

Yamanator

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Hey guys, just realized I don't have a plug in for my heated shield on my 09 Nytro. Can someone please tell me or show a picture of the 2 wires you are supposed to connect too? I want to make sure that it only has power when the key is on, hopefully there is something right in the handle bars to tie into because I have a 2 inch riser and it would be an easy install. Thanks for the help in advance guys....... LET IT SNOW....... ;)!

There is a plug for the accessory outlet on the 09's. It's on the left hand up high behind radiator.

ice-age said:
I wired mine to the battery. It works great.

Hey Ice-Age, did you wire it directly to the battery without a fuse? My dealer says you don't need a fuse if its direct to the battery but that makes me a bit worried.

No fuse needed. I bought a helmet kit from my yamaha dealer and it has direct wire hook ups for the battery

Back