• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which is it, too many conflicting stories..??

My last two sleds were 600SDI Doos (can you say rings please?) and boy do I love the Genesis 130! I had one non-X package Rev and my last was a 2007 X package Rev. For my weight and riding style, the Nytro FX suspension (yes - the "base" GYTRs not the Fox) is hands down better than my X package was out of the box. I guess it depends how hard you really ride. Several people have said that the Nytro was designed to be as close to a competition sled as possible, especially in the RTX SE form - I agree. The way mine is set up I can hammer through moguls and ditchbag at 60 or 70 MPH without bottoming all the time. The trade off is that it is a bit harsh in stutter bumps. As for cruising, we just don't do a lot of that but mine is comfortable enough that when we get stuck behind a slower group for awhile I'm not pulling my hair out or anything. If I rode 70% of the time on the seat I'd have a different sled for sure - but I'm probably sitting maybe 20% to 30% of the time at most. Anyway, the Doo X package was just the opposite until I re-valved and installed heavier springs - WAY too soft and constantly bottoming. You can see the extent of the mods to get it perfect for me: skis, studs and springs... all things I'd have to do to any sled I would have bought. My .02 cents.

Back