• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which model Nytro do I have???

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I bought and '08 Nytro knowing that the '08"s have some issues but, after pulling out the owners manual and seeing all of the various model designations on it as well as on the Yamaha microfishe site I am confused as to which model I have.
Can I tell from the VIN # or by the features on the sled. It has the GYTR clicker front shocks, but rears are not clicker adjustable. It does have the coupling blocks in the rear. It has a 121" track so I know it is not any of the XTX models.

you can go on the Canadian Yamaha website and enter your serial number and it will show you your model.....

but your model code should be RFX10R (plus whatever colour you have)

There's only two possibilities if its the short track. RTX has air shocks up front and clickers on both rear shocks. Base model has clickers up front, non clicker center, and clicker in the rear. If your rear shock definitely doesn't have clicker I'd guess you have the base model with a replacement rear shock.

Base model it is. The shocks and suspension are the result of a custom set up from B-Line Control.

yox185 said:
There's only two possibilities if its the short track. RTX has air shocks up front and clickers on both rear shocks. Base model has clickers up front, non clicker center, and clicker in the rear. If your rear shock definitely doesn't have clicker I'd guess you have the base model
with a replacement rear shock.

My 08 RTX 40th has dual clicker gas shocks on front and in the skid. If you do some research in a parts book you can learn a lot.

1975FA said:
yox185 said:
There's only two possibilities if its the short track. RTX has air shocks up front and clickers on both rear shocks. Base model has clickers up front, non clicker center, and clicker in the rear. If your rear shock definitely doesn't have clicker I'd guess you have the base model

My 08 RTX 40th has dual clicker gas shocks on front and in the skid. If you do some research in a parts book you can learn a lot.

We're your fronts changed? The RTX models all had air shocks up front.

yox185 said:
1975FA said:
yox185 said:

We're your fronts changed? The RTX models all had air shocks up front.

Parts book for my 08 shows 8GL-2376A-00-00 gas shock and 8HB-2376A-00-00 air shock. Check it out.

It shows it in parts, but the RTX came with airs. Unless it was an option to change from dealer, but I really don't remember that being an option. Did you buy yours new?

I worked at a Yamaha dealer when that sled came out.....you could only get the fox shocks in front on the 40th ann colour (red, white and black), yellow and white (only made that colour one year) and the typical yamaha blue...

unless someone replaced the shocks.....

Tyloooor said:
I worked at a Yamaha dealer when that sled came out.....you could only get the fox shocks in front on the 40th ann colour (red, white and black), yellow and white (only made that colour one year) and the typical yamaha blue...

unless someone replaced the shocks.....
Bought the sled a year ago. I figured they were an optional higher end shock since they are shown as an oem part. This sled has been an ongoing education. At this point the only thing I haven't taken out of the sled is the secondary shaft.

2008 base nytro had gas shocks(with clickers) and the mtx..the rest has air shocks stock .. i work at a dealer and i just looked up all models..so if you have an 08 121 with clickers up front you have base nytro

1975FA did your sled come from Waldoch Sports in Lino Lakes new by any chance? If so, they worked with B-Line Control on most of their brand new '08 Nytro's to put custom shock packages in them knowing they had bottoming issues. B-Line might have changed them out to gas shocks because at that time the air volume in the shocks would not support long term trail riding without getting too hot and degrading the ride quality and/or bottoming out as well.

Mills said:
1975FA did your sled come from Waldoch Sports in Lino Lakes new by any chance? If so, they worked with B-Line Control on most of their brand new '08 Nytro's to put custom shock packages in them knowing they had bottoming issues. B-Line might have changed them out to gas shocks because at that time the air volume in the shocks would not support long term trail riding without getting too hot and degrading the ride quality and/or bottoming out as well.

As far as I know I'm the 3rd owner, the second owner only had it a couple months last year for the no winter. It came out of the Rochester NY area. I have had all the shocks rebuilt and revalved at Hygear.

Back