• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Whistling sound?

08nytro136

I get a whistling sound coming from the engine when I'm going 45kmh and on, I was wondering does anyone have this same sound and what exactly is it that's making it?

Did this just start or did you get a new helmet lately? I used to get this high pitched whistle sound and I'd go where the F*&K is that coming from until I realized it was a brain bucket vent. True story. Or was it girls..?

Holy _hit! I thought I was going crazy, I heard it last weekend also. The only thing differennce with me is the nitro, all gear the same. I didn't hear it at slow speeds either so I just guessed it was the wind. I kept looking & looking & looking!lol :o|

This is a long shot but check gear oil level. When mine was low it made a high pitched whine over a certain speed.

Yeah I don't think it's the helmet with me either cause I've changed helmets in the past week and the sound was there with both helmets. Wish it was the girls lol, I'm gonna check the gear oil, I adjusted the chain drive so I'm gonna put it back to normal and see of that gets rid of it! Driving me crazy :o|

chain adjusted to tight is my guess. turn in and then 1/4 out is where I set mine.

So turn one full turn in and then back it out 1/4 turn? How much play should there be in the shaft connecting the chain drive to the clutch? I can rotate mine about 2.5 inches

Sorry for my stupidity lol but I'm new to this, so just slacken off the lock nut then twist the bolt with you fingers?

Yup, you'll need a 14mm and a 12mm open end wrench. loosen the jam nut, tighten it up finger tight and then back it off a quarter turn, hold the bolt in place while you tighten the jam nut and your good to go.

Finger tight, but be sure to rotate the secondary clutch back and forth as you do to be sure you don't have chain slack on the other side of the chain (if I worded that right)? Taking the belt off will do that too, but just be sure you've taken all of the slack out of the chain before 1/4 turn back.
If you can rotate your secondary shaft 2 1/2", and I'll asume you're moving the brake or secondary clutch, that might be a little bit too much if you have reverse, and quite a bit much if not.

I was riding for the first time yesterday, and I heard the whistling too. I found where it was coming from in a hurry!

Attachments

• bikini-girls-snow.jpg
    bikini-girls-snow.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 172

Back