• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who snowchecked a Viper?

Did you snow check a Viper?

• Yes,I can't wait for it to come in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No,I think it is overrated

• No,I am waiting until next year. Never buy 1st year

• I wish,I don't have the means right now

• Total voters
No i just can t thrust that cat. I think that I have no other choices than snowchecked a 2014 vector ltx I realy liked the blue one can t wait to see it in real at the show in 3 weeks

for those that purchase one of these and if it ends up not being all what it's cracked up to be, remember the Polaris (Con) Fusion? just saying, those where a POS and you couldn't give those away, what a failure that was. Hope this Viper doesn't go that route because i will feel sorry for those that did buy it with there hard earned money and won't be able to get rid of it. i really do hope it is a good sled.

good luck with your purchase guys, i'll sit on the fence and keep watching what is going to happen meanwhile i'll keep enjoying my Apex XTX for many more trouble free years

Was at dealers today for an up close look wow very sweet looking sled looks lite nimble and it would be fun for trail riding . After 45 min I had to get out of ther before I made a deal for one. I think I better get out for a ride on my apex and forget about that viper for one more year. I hope the reviews are great next year it maybe time for a switch !!!

Snow checked my RTX SE in Red last week. $11,500.00 OTD...... October can't come soon enough.

I really thought I was going to snow check one but too many red flags from the reviews I've been reading. Plus why in the heck don't they release the weight? I still have time to change my mind and really want to ride one before passing judgement. But, after getting burned on my '08 Nytro, which was also a 1st year sled, I'm wary of making a mistake. It's unfortunate, but I'm finding myself getting more and more skeptical in each passing week that the Viper is sorted out and ready for prime time.

I wouldn't have guessed I'd be feeling this way 3 weeks ago. I'm really leaning to snow check a base model Indy 600 and then buy and install a set of Walker Evan's shocks.

I say it will be ready. My big ?? is that chain case. Only thing keeping me from snow checking it. Burned too many times on first years also.

We AKers must think alike as I can't stop looking at the Indy 6. There is one in our group now owner says he loves it and it is really quick. If they can make it through the Iron Dog they must be fairly tough.

I know, I keep coming back to the Indy. I'm sure I can get for less than the $7,999 MSRP and it's just a heck of a deal. I know it will run right with Viper when I upgrade the shocks and it will be way easier to sell when I replace it. Yamaha's just don't hold their value up here, at least in my neck of the woods.

One of the big reasons there were so many Switchbacks in the Iron Dog is the top teams Polaris was sponsoring had to run them. Polaris also had an Iron Dog price on Switchbacks for the lowered tiered teams. Other teams ran Indy's because they were lighter and faster top speed and a good deal if you weren't getting factory support.

I'm guessing they'll have some demo Vipers at Arctic Man? Haven't heard of any demos in the state yet.

AKrider said:
I know, I keep coming back to the Indy. I'm sure I can get for less than the $7,999 MSRP and it's just a heck of a deal. I know it will run right with Viper when I upgrade the shocks and it will be way easier to sell when I replace it. Yamaha's just don't hold their value up here, at least in my neck of the woods.

One of the big reasons there were so many Switchbacks in the Iron Dog is the top teams Polaris was sponsoring had to run them. Polaris also had an Iron Dog price on Switchbacks for the lowered tiered teams. Other teams ran Indy's because they were lighter and faster top speed and a good deal if you weren't getting factory support.

I'm guessing they'll have some demo Vipers at Arctic Man? Haven't heard of any demos in the state yet.[/quote

Akrider give the viper a chance...if you can ride it ...most of the shifty reports are from yamaha die hares that have never rode anything else.....I think its a great handling sled was very flat in corners and felt very light......but coming from polaris that Indy 600 is sweet I must say....

AKrider said:

I'm guessing they'll have some demo Vipers at Arctic Man? Haven't heard of any demos in the state yet.
Same in the 'banks small group of Yam guys here sorry to say. My RTX is about the last machine anyone wants as everyone around here thinks they need a '144 to ride the river. I will most likely keep it for my wife anyway.

Yup heard about the Switchback deal for the Dog. Friend of our group put an Indy together for the race with full Ohlins, all Zuggered out with titanium springs. Heard it had great legs for a little 6.

I'm calling my Yam dealer here tomorrow I'll pm you if they are getting one to demo and I'll ask about A-man.

09 Nytro,
You are absolutely right. The Viper has a ton of potential and doesn't appear to be getting a fair shake in the reviews guys are posting.

I'm wanting to replace my IQR so I'm in comparison mode. I'm pretty certain I'd like the Viper, just not sure if I'd like for a few thousand dollars more though.

Right on AK Yammy!

I'm going to give it a shot next year...its funny I have my nytro but I have way more fun riding my kids ski doo 380 f..one of the best sleds I had was. 02 xc700sp

I just can't figure out why people are bashing this sled.... Not only does it out handle a stock nitro but it doesn't beat the crap out of you going over stutter bumps. I have over two grand in goodies on my nitro to make it handle better and that's not including the six hundred dollars it took to get the gas tank up to par with the other manufacturers. I'm not saying that this sled will be perfect right out of the box but if it handles and acts like the four I rode it will be much better than ANY nitro. Everyone wanted the nitro motor in a good chassis....... Well in MHO , you got it. Oh yeah, as far as fit and finish, I've never herd anyone say how awesome their sled looks being towed by someone else.

Back