• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

why are my new hi-fax shorter?

ridesrx

Pro
I just got some new hi-fax for my 06 Nytro. The dealer ordered the part number 8FU-47421-00-00 as per the Yamaha micro-fiche. When they came in they had the superceded part number of SMA-8FU92-00-BK on them. They are 1 3/4" shorter than the original ones that were on the sled. The dealer didn't know why they would be soo much shorter. Anyone know why this is? Should I use them or not?

If you lay them next to the sled, where do they end?

I run my to about the middle of the rear wheels or even slightly shorter

They absolutely WON'T cover the rails. If they were only slightly shorter, I wouldn't worry, but 1 3/4" seems to be quite a bit. The new ones are 41 1/4" and the old ones are 43". I wish I would have taken note of where the old ones ended.

I went out and measured mine..

about 41.5-41.75

So i think you should be Ok..

Mine end right at the back of the rail and are acutually cut at an angle, so they could actually be shorter without a problem..

If you are worried take them back and get new ones..

Ive recently swithced to an off brand that also has graphit in them.. , and i have to cut them down as they fit 136 sleds..

ridesrx - the hyfax you have are for a 121" Monoshock skid you need the style that are for a 121" Pro-Active skid. They are part number SMA-8ES92-00-BK. They are definitely a couple inches longer and I would recommend changing them out and getting the proper ones. When you look at the microfiche for a 06 Nytro (Pro-Active skid) you also are looking at the microfiche for a 06 Vector GT (Monoshock skid) as they share the same microfiche - therefore you really have to look at the frames on it closely as one frame shows the Monoshock and the other shows the Pro-Active. Hope this info helps.

Port-Parts said:
ridesrx - the hyfax you have are for a 121" Monoshock skid you need the style that are for a 121" Pro-Active skid. They are part number SMA-8ES92-00-BK. They are definitely a couple inches longer and I would recommend changing them out and getting the proper ones. When you look at the microfiche for a 06 Nytro (Pro-Active skid) you also are looking at the microfiche for a 06 Vector GT (Monoshock skid) as they share the same microfiche - therefore you really have to look at the frames on it closely as one frame shows the Monoshock and the other shows the Pro-Active. Hope this info helps.

Thanks alot! That makes sense to me. I'll take them back and get the right ones. I wish I'd have just called you guys, and had them shipped. The extra shipping would have been better than waiting, and another trip back to the dealer. That makes three trips, because they didn't have them, so they had to order them and I had to go back and pick them up. Now go back and order the right ones, they won't have them, so I'll wait and and make a fourth trip to pick them up. YIKES! Next time I need something, I'll do it different.

Glad you chimed in there Kevin. I learned this lesson last season (the hard way......since it's 25 mi. each way to my "local" dealer).......but I never heard the actual explanation of why the 2 skids on the same microfiche.

If you're not sure on the lenght just by 136" and cut them to proper lenght...my dealer mostly carries the longer ones and have to cut them for the SHORTY'S

My dealer gave me ones for 162". With a 121 I can almost get two out of one. LOL If you cut them don't forget to angle the end so going in reverse won't snag the clips.

Back