• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why is my sled slow?

Re: top end

Daranello said:
Bpatch50 said:
Daranello said:
Pulling the limited strap down will hurt your top end

Why do you say that? Pulling up the straps should increase top end.

Cause when I was doing some testing on the lake I pulled up (tightend) the limiter strap and lost 2mph (must be from extra drag on the front end).

Aftee I put the staps back to the stock setting and my speed came back.

theoretically, tightening the straps should pull more of the track off the ground which will decrease rolling resistance and thus increase top end. That being said, I NEVER tighten my straps because I mostly trail ride and doing so will reduce overall travel.

i have heard so much about the front strap. The first time i rode my sled stock i hated it, i now like the way it handles. It used to wheely every where now it does not but i have not altered the limiter strap at all. The most i have seen on my speeedo is 96 it did not seem to want to go any faster. If you pull the strap down just loosen the front springs to counter act the adjustment which gave me better handling anyways.

Back