• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will a clutch kit kill clutch rattle?

Tried many things and nothing made much of a difference. There is quite a bit of free-play in the stub shaft splines that the primary clutch is attached too.
This free-play at idle is most likely shaking the primary clutch back and forth causing a normally quite clutch on other Yamahas to rattle. I agree with everyone, it is annoying on such a otherwise high quality machine. Probably a waste of time from what I've read here to try and quite it down :-(

I have seen people try many things to fix this. Shins behind spider, washer like u saying. Some last to the test of time and some did not. Never got a complete conclusion on what the true fix is that lasts the test of time. Def not fiber washers! If I bought this kit hey spoke of I would mic all out when I got it and post all as a free diy and cheap for the members is why I asked etc. Had he put a caliper to his kit with pictures and specs he would save us all and I could just run down to hardware store. If you are picking up what I am putting down?

just learn to tune it out and ride the damn thing. snowmobiles are supposed to be ridden, not sit at idle all day anyway. besides the nytro has been around for 7 years now and NOT ONE PERSON has been able to get rid of the clutch rattle permanently, its just the nature of the 3 cylinder 1049cc motor, stub shaft spline gear and yamaha clutch.

Engine harmonics of the 3 banger gives pto a odd vibration hence the rattle at the clutch is what you are saying I assume. Makes sense to me. Wonder if you can switch a quiet clutch from say a Apex and pop same clutch on Nytro and will rattle I wonder? Not that concerned just nicer if wasn't annoying. I just turn tunes up anyway being I just made custom bluetooth Beats by dre helmet speaker system being they don't exist! Should be good.

I wanna know how many people are just sitting on their sleds letting it idle away? I ride mine. It idles at stop signs, start ups, and the occasional pee stop. I guess since that idling is less than 1% of the run time, I don't give a crap about a little rattle.

Not real concerned as I don't let mine idle due to getting hot. So you are saying once throttle is applied rattle goes away? Not that big of deal as I don't pay that close attention. All I do know is on lookers given odd looks sometimes. Lol

Like a Harley? Lol

The tension from the belt puts force on the stub shaft in one direction when you are driving forward. At idle it is rattling back and forth freely.

Back