• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Winning Nytros

I was wondering

why the big bumper on the cains quest Yamahas?
If you do run both races I hope you do by the way.
But I encourage you to run it competitively, that is
as long and hard and fast as possible. That is the
way the pro class racers run.
They are different races, both will take you to your
limits.
Would be nice to see the Quest get GPS tracking.

Thanks Nytro 23
It just isn't possable to try to prepare and test for a race so far away.
The only guy i have that is willing to run is not cut out for this style racing he is in his 60's, so if i come it will be to enjoy the event and experance the Dog.

Bumpers on are because we are out threw the woods running over hundreds of trees, i walked at least 2 miles in snow shoes and cut down countless trees in 2007, this last year we had so many things break(mostly things that we had messed with) that we were so far back most of the work was done in front of us.

Most all the team have reinforced front clip weather it be plating inside or out side the nose area. We run over a ton of trees.

I can't explain it well i guess there is not trail when you need a portage trail you dawn your snow shoes and cut one open.

ER

You just woory about getting the 2009 race layed out

We need a big change up

I didn't tell you that i now own a Nytro

Jack_Shaft said:
Oh my, Early Rider on MY site...!!

Who wants to talk Cain's Quest? Who wants to know more.

Pics to follow....

Well where are they?
The best pics are on our site TEAMMAINERACING.net

On second thought get the dam route done for this year

ER

Team Maine ARE YOU LOST AGAIN?

Oh My

What has Early Rider started now??? I am certain that he is on the wrong website! What are you DOOING here. Guess your phone doesnt work or maybe you would stay in touch? Point being is once a racer has completed the Quest he/she (someday) is drawn into a relationship with a group that share all of our commen need to ride snowmobiles in extreme conditions. The oppertunity to compete amongst some of the most skilled individuals that grace our lands is one not to be taken lightly. My journey before, during and post Labrador has changed the way I look at the sport of snowmobiling and life in general. I witnessed a father/son team involved in a collision at there comencement of the race completely rebuild a race sled that (wrote off A VK) and run from the hospital after stitches and a concussion was determined (helmet split in 2) only to wage 3rd place in victory. I was stranded in a location for fear of running raging rivers with a suspentionless Attak while your author Early Rider wrenched in a snowbank at -40c. The sled he (oversaw) in repair was one of a fellow racer that would not have be able to complete the quest without encourgement and wisdom from ER. I am told that speeds in excess of 189km per hour were acheived by the satelight tracking system but speed was not the important ingreedient for this Race. Gps and mapping skills, deepsnow/rough terrain capabilities, fuel supply and support crews all played an equal part as well as the ability to work with your teammate and other race personal. I have witnessed personally what a challange of this nature can do to relationships between people, provinces even nations. As far as the competive nature of the 2 big crosscountry races and who has the tougher race that can only be determined by individuals that have completed or at least been involeved in both. To date I am only aware of the Hibbert/Dick race team that has acheived this right! My own oppinion is of the organisations that run the race and the monetary availability. I know that CainsQuest.com does not have huge corporate sponcership and is such a success because of the volenteer indivduals that made there dream a reality. The people and the way they live in Labrador is the only reason that CainsQuest is available to the rest of the world. I personaly am indebted to them for the oppertunity that I have been given. As a race team in the Labrador event you are responsible for your own parts and repair. There is no heated garage for you to change out all of the suspention parts that have been destroyed by the conditions of the terrain. You carry them with you and change them out in the Arctic Conditions with your own tools. There are no factory sponcered airplanes carrying hundreds of thousands of dollars in gear and parts. If you are fortunate to have a support team that is gifted enough to pull a sleigh with a cashe of supplies you are very fortunate. In my oppinion the spirit of Cainsquest and those that are brave enough to flirt with disaster are second to none. K I guess i'm getting a little too passonate on the topic but I felt it needed to be said.

PB

And Mr. Snowmobile were in the heck is that race route????? Mr. Gard- can't sleep at night wondering if he going to play with the Polar Bears or not.

Great pics @ teamemaineracing.com

Attachments

• 1st choice.jpg
    1st choice.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 60

Back