• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woody's Doolie wear issue

HRD2PLZ

Expert
I bought a new pair of doolies a couple of weeks ago and put them on (4" duals). Had stud boy duece bars before and loved em, but when I went into Sled Shed here in town they didn't have them in stock and i needed a set that day, so bought the woodys. Had never really heard anything bad about them. Know, I know we don't have the best of conditions here right now, but it hasn't been terrible. The Stud boys i took off had 2800 miles on them and the carbides were still there but the front of the runners were wore down pretty good, meaning not getting alot of pressure on the carbides. Anyway, was out last night taking the exhaust out and figured I'd check the wear on the new set of carbides since it felt a little funny riding the previous day. To my surprise, there is absolutely no carbide left!!! On either one!! and the runner have seriously worn. All of this, and i'm not kidding, in just over 300 miles. Trail riding, ditch riding, crossing roads where needed and thats it. Good news is...I went back in to Sled Shed and they called Woodys while i was there, Woodys asked what kind of sled and said give him another pair and send those back to us. So that's all good, but damn....has anyone else had problems like this with Woodys?

On my rotary valve MXZ Ski-Doo, I only run the Dooly's and I have liked them very much. My MXZ tracks like its on rails. Very straight tracking of the skis. I've always had more than one season before I've needed to change them. I can only compare them to the Bergstrom tripple point which I used on my Nytro.

Snow in your area was pretty bad at the start of the season. If they were wearing on the front parts I would say you should shim your ski's so they sit flat on the snow. Not saying you might not have got a defective part, But all of these will plat into how fast they wear down. The one set I did have of woodys they lasted 2 seasons. I only buy Studboy stuff cause they are in MI. The shaper bars are awesome.

I have had 4 shaper bars (2 sets) end up looking like the picture below. No more they are junk IMO. I put on some beefy duals now from snow studs they will take a beating!

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDktMjAxMTAxMDktMTQyMC5qcGc.jpg

Over 1500 miles on mine and I picked them up used still in great shape.

DV8 said:
Snow in your area was pretty bad at the start of the season.

Understood... but this was only over the last three weeks. I wish I would have taken a pic before i took them back but anyway....thanks for all the input guys. Will run this next set and give you another 300mile update with pics and we'll see. And I will take a pic and show you guys the stud boy's i had on previously with 2800 miles. They wore well, not to say they couldn't have used some shimming but, great wear for almost 3000 miles.

I will say that when i first put the woodys on i was thinking damn, these are carving well, gonna have to reduce ski pressure, but that didn't last long. I swear if i didn't know better i would swear someone stole my new carbides and replaced them with their old ones, but what thief would take the time to put old ones back on my sled?? And it didn't happen in a locked polebarn.

Anyway, will update in a few weeks with results.

Sounds like those runners were defective, poorly welded carbides. I've seen the occasionally missing carbide, but not all pieces, and not after such a short time.

we were at sled shed...mad russian bought a set like you as well...man the conditions were spotty in your area...but Id take them back to sled shed with your receipt and tell them to put a claim in to woodys for you...you'll get some new ones...

IMHO the shaper bars duece is a better product...

sj said:
but Id take them back to sled shed with your receipt and tell them to put a claim in to woodys for you...you'll get some new ones

I did, and Woodys told them to give me a new pair and send the old ones to them. :Rockon:

And I agree, the dueces are way better, like I said I got over 2800 miles on those old ones and they still have carbide on them, the shaper bars were just getting worn down.

Back