• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woody's Doolly's?

Boston RX1

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have a pair of these for my Nytro with about 100 miles. Does anyone know if they will fit my Phazer?

One characteristic of dually's is that they tend to reduce darting but, they also reduce bite (they push) in the corners. I put a set on my apex a few years back and that is exactly what I experienced. MUCH less darting which is good. The loss of bite in the corners wasn't a big issue in my case but others may not agree. Keep this in mind when you spend ur hard earned cash. I just put a set of Bergstroms on my phazer along with his shims and ski-savers. Can't wait to try them out.

We have all had this discussion about the balance of ski bite compared to track bite. A sled with an aggressive track or studs can still make Woody's Doolys push.

I just put new Dooly's on the Phazer with a 1.5" freeride, no studs. This combination doesn't push the skis in the corner. In fact, the Dooly's bite so hard, the track is a bit squirrly on hard pack. The solution would be to drop 96 studs in the track I suppose.

I actually like it this way. I would hate to spend money on studs just to have it push the skis again. In most snow, it's not squirrly, so I am as close to balanced as I care to be.

i installed the woodys slim jim dooleys ( thats a mouthful) on the phazer two years ago. they are by far the best mod you can make for handling. i tried a new single carbide last week end for a test and found the sled undriveable. dual carbides of any brand are the way to go but i have found the slim jims to be the best. hey, thats almost a plug.

Attachments

• slim jim.jpg
    slim jim.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 65
Phazerwi, I see you have slydog's and are running doolys? What brand of runners are you using? I have not been able to find dooly's for the slydogs...

Sorry, haven't changed by info lately.....took the slydogs with 6" carbides off...didn't like how hard the sled was to turn on hard pack trails. Went back to stock skis with duallies on them.....this combo works really well for me. I don't have any darting, even on deacceleration and it steers a lot easier. I am going to sell the slydogs......anyone interested? They come with the carbides. Not sure how much to ask....

I think I bought the shortest carbide, 4.5 ins., but they track much better than dooleys. They were 60 bucks each Canadian, but are way cheaper than new skiis. Honest, these things are terrific on a phazer.

Back