• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy another viper?

yamyfreak said:
TurboJamie, can I ask why you wouldn't buy it again. You did a lot of work to yours.
I am not the primary rider its my dads sled. I run a 1200 turbo renegade. He's kept asking me to tradevall winter. He wanted me to take the viper I have ridden it lots its not for me. If you want to pm me ill tell you my opinion. No need to clutter up this site or start an argument. Dads up north today riding my sled Im headed up tonight with a 14' gsx 1200 I picked him up this morning.

I would, I almost bought a DOO 1200 without ever riding one. I decided to try a Viper LTX and boy am I glad I did. I got the chance to ride a 13 doo 1200 this year and while its a nice sled I didn't care for it. The Viper fits me well. Has plenty of power for the way my group rides and I am never sore after riding it, unlike the nytro. Fuel mileage is on par with the ski doo e-tec and sdi 600. The only way I could be happier is if I had more time to ride the thing.

The funny thing about the doo owner is while I was riding his sled he was riding my wife's vector with power steering and loved it. He was a little hesitant to give it back, I thought it was funny.

A friend of mine has one and loves it but is disappointed with the power as compared to his APEX. He wishes he would have kept the APEX until Yamaha puts a 150 HP or better engine in that chassis. After riding his Viper I upgraded and bought a 2011 APEX XTX. If and when Yamaha gets this thing up past 150 HP they'll probably sell 2 new sleds. Hope we don't have to wait to long.

A little disapointed with top end power, but overall I like it, would by another.

I looked at the doo 1200 and the viper. In the end I went with the viper. Doo positives are the r motion and motor, negatives rider position and it desperately needs a cosmetic update IMO. The viper positives, proven motor, had it in my nytro and love it, proven chassis. Its a crap shoot pick your poison, either way they are both good sleds to me.

sled

Have the standard model viper and I would buy another in a heartbeat,heated seat and mid windshield and good handling and good mileage what more do you want. :4STroke:

red dog said:
A friend of mine has one and loves it but is disappointed with the power as compared to his APEX. He wishes he would have kept the APEX until Yamaha puts a 150 HP or better engine in that chassis. After riding his Viper I upgraded and bought a 2011 APEX XTX. If and when Yamaha gets this thing up past 150 HP they'll probably sell 2 new sleds. Hope we don't have to wait to long.

<tap tap> is this on? New 2015 Viper can be bought with dealer added turbo for 190hp.

stingray719 said:
red dog said:

<tap tap> is this on? New 2015 Viper can be bought with dealer added turbo for 190hp.[/

True, but that adds 5 grand to the cost, because the spring deal is for the mountain models, not for use below 6000 ft

Yes, definetly would buy another, but must have a turbo! It is the best riding sled I have had, and I have had all models throughout my career with sleds. The sled is so awesome and fastest on the trails, but needs more top end on the lakes. Turbo will resolve that and then I will be fully happy!!! (-:

Agree with the top end. 93 so far with xtx. Would be more happy with 100 anytime I want it.

Handling, jumping, boondocking, corner to corner, 4 stroke - no oil stink, the incredible transfer is so much fun and the list really goes on why I would buy another one.

My only problem is not having a big enough pocket book to ad a second one to my garage.

Back