• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

X games and Yamaha

gytr done

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rx1
What a disappointment, and the big kicker is it was televised for the whole world to see. Ouch. Not what you want to see on a world stage.

A silver and a bronze out of 3 sled I thought was a good showing. Also Gavin was in second when something broke.

A 3rd place in the final of hillcross beat out by a Suzuki 800 2s engine that has been in use for how long by Arctic cat, is not a good showing in my books, congrats go out to all competitors in adaptive sno x.

that 800 Suzuki engine is pretty good.....I personally think it's the best all around 2 stroke out....reliable (well more than the other two), good on fuel and oil and fast.....I'm really considering buying a "lite" 2 stoke again.....and I would lean toward a cat xf8000 (no electric start) ...That's hard for me to say, cause I've only owned yamaha's ( I think my dad might disown me), but right now Yamaha doesn't offer anything I'm interested in....

A 3rd place in the final of hillcross beat out by a Suzuki 800 2s engine that has been in use for how long by Arctic cat, is not a good showing in my books, congrats go out to all competitors in adaptive sno x.

So...you're saying you're disappointed because yamaha got beat by a sled that's lighter and more powerful?? Imagine that...next you're going to tell me they (arctic cat) have a larger race department and are more focused on racing...

Ya podium finishes on the world stage suck :o|...

How long has the viper/Nytro/vector 3cyl been around???

So...you're saying you're disappointed because yamaha got beat by a sled that's lighter and more powerful?? Imagine that...next you're going to tell me they (arctic cat) have a larger race department and are more focused on racing...

Ya podium finishes on the world stage suck :o|...

How long has the viper/Nytro/vector 3cyl been around???
Or ...you could look at it this way ....... Yamaha touts their reliability and only 50% made it up the hill without a mechanical failure.:dunno:

Sadly they had an electrical issue if I recall. The electronics are cat, Yamaha had 0 failures lol ;)but 2 sleds out of 24 and the slowest of the 2 finished third and the faster one had an issue while leading. And Doug Henry was all over leader trying to get the gold in adaptive. Yes I would love to see them in snox as that's a large viable market again, but idk if we will see that

Sadly they had an electrical issue if I recall. The electronics are cat, Yamaha had 0 failures lol ;)but 2 sleds out of 24 and the slowest of the 2 finished third and the faster one had an issue while leading. And Doug Henry was all over leader trying to get the gold in adaptive. Yes I would love to see them in snox as that's a large viable market again, but idk if we will see that
The electronics must have started the sled on fire then because there was a fair amount of smoke........;)!

I didn't watch much of the hillcross races, but I do remember seeing 2 different Yamaha riders get the holeshot in their heat races. Even the color commentators acknowledged that the Yamaha sleds were outrunning the competition off the line. I'm no expert, but from my perspective most of the mechanical failures I saw were a direct result of all the bar banging going on. No sled or rider can take being T-boned by another sled for too long without having problems. IMO, the format (running 6 riders wide at the start) created a less than exciting race and caused a lot of the failures because most of the field ended up crashing into one another. The winners were the ones lucky enough to avoid heavy traffic and escape the carnage, and so won by default. A 2-sled race, or even a single sled timed event would have shown what a Yamaha is truly capable of and IMO would have been more exciting to watch.

Back