• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

X-games start tomorrow

I noticed they have Sno-x on friday night Round one then saturday night Finals. They aren't going to air the LCQ? Every year I remember the Sno-x final is on sunday but I guess not this year.

What the hell? No LCQ, what are we to watch??

Who cares, I dont race and I enjoy my weekend entertainment!

Like i said the X-games track is tailer made for the Yamaha type sled. Do you think it was any coincidence they won in brained years back when the track was set-up fast and smooth..... Don't get me wrong they still had to go out there and win but the stage was set.

yam177 said:
Like i said the X-games track is tailer made for the Yamaha type sled. Do you think it was any coincidence they won in brained years back when the track was set-up fast and smooth..... Don't get me wrong they still had to go out there and win but the stage was set.

I agree - the track will come to the sled. This is there best chance.

IMO, I think these sno-x tracks suck.. If you ever look at real outdoor motor-x track, they have alot of wider turns and longer straight stretches and when they get air, they really sail.... The jumps are a little more linier... The WSA tracks are built like Super-x tracks and sleds are not bikes. They just don't show their true potential in these tight tracks... Make a full tw0 miles course and let them loose... It's not like they are inside where they are confined.. The longest straight stretch is only 250ft... The only passing is in the air or when they hit each other in the corners.. It just looks way to conjested.. IMO, The tracks sucks.. Yamaha would definitely benefit from a larger track..

Tucker takes it third time

It does not matter what yamaha brings to the table tucker is a machine and the way he rides he could stop and have a red bull and still be in first not making bad on yamaha but tucker on that cat is just !@%!*( sweet!!!!!!

SledFreak said:
IMO, I think these sno-x tracks suck.. If you ever look at real outdoor motor-x track, they have alot of wider turns and longer straight stretches and when they get air, they really sail.... The jumps are a little more linier... The WSA tracks are built like Super-x tracks and sleds are not bikes. They just don't show their true potential in these tight tracks... Make a full tw0 miles course and let them loose... It's not like they are inside where they are confined.. The longest straight stretch is only 250ft... The only passing is in the air or when they hit each other in the corners.. It just looks way to conjested.. IMO, The tracks sucks.. Yamaha would definitely benefit from a larger track..

How much snowcross do you watch there are lots of places to pass on most tracks. X games is a whole different type of racing. Snow-x has always been tight tracks and big bumps. Now if you want high speed and long runs go watch CC but I hate to tell you Yamaha has not been very competitive there although they have had more success. problem with snox is the track changes way to much and its alot of snow and work to build one. You will never see a moto type track due to the massive amount of snow that would take. Plus ISR reg will not allow dirt to be used for the track.

I suggest you get involved in racing before you criticize the track to much. I am not bashing just presenting the facts. I have been racing Snox and CC for 7 years

Why no dirt in the tracks? Safety? Here in Sweden alot of tracks are the same as for the dirtbikes in the summer. Although they sometimes get have alittle too much ice in the surface...

Why did they (Yamaha) not have anyone in the Speed/Style? I noticed Cory Davis, from last year on the new Cat, he seemed pretty quick. To be honest, I didn't even realize he had left Yamaha.

Back