• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX: 1st 280 miles

LeeKo

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I put my first 280 miles on my XTX last weekend. I really like the motor, excellent throttle response and great torque. I have the Cobra track. I have never been on a sled that hooks up this hard before. The motor and skid are great for wheelying though bumps. I had a lot of fun popping the front end off the first mogul and landing the front on the down of the next mogul.

The sled feels pretty capable in the bumps. I weigh 200 and have the front shock set at stock setting with a half inch of preload to compensate for the wider ski stance((42 1/4") I am running by offseting the bushings on the Yami Mountain skis. I have the rear skid shock set at full soft on the clicker and the torsion spring at full stiff. I was trying to get the rear skid a little more lively, it feels a little too damp for me. I was unable to get the progressive/lively feel of my other sleds that have with Ohlins shocks. I only bottomed the front once when I cased a mogul. The rear never bottomed, but I never totally pushed the sled because I was still breaking in the motor and didn't have any huge bumps or jumps.

The handling with the Mountain skis is like driving on rails in a bad way. It is way too hard to steer and those skis with 9inch shaper carbides are way too locked in for that sled. I think the sled handles better with some understeer. I rode my buddies stock xtx with stock skis the wimpy carbides and it handled better than mine.

I am going to try some SLP SLT skis this weekend and see how they work. I also ordered the new C&A XTX crossover ski which is 7 1/4" wide and has a one inch center keel and 2 square outer edge keels. I want fat skis on this sled to compensate for the heavy front end so I am hoping these will work. If neither of those work I have a set of Simmons Gen I to try. I thought about the Curves but for some reason I am drawn to those big fatty C&A's.

I look forward to more tweaking and being able to really push the machine now that it is nearly broken in.

Anyone try the C&A XTX's yet?

Attachments

• dec12.jpg
    dec12.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 109

25 miles on SLT's

I was able to put 25 miles around the house on the SLP SLT skis with 9inch shaper bars. Tracked and steered far better than the mountain skis with much less steering effort. Sled seems to handle night and day better than before. Very promising.

I am really starting to get comfortable on this sled. Rider input makes a bigger difference on this sled than anything I have driven before. I like this.

I am still waiting for my C&A XTX skis. I look forward to comparing them to the SLT's. I am going up north for after Christmas so I will get a good opportunity to try these skis in more conditions.

Attachments

• slp.jpg
    slp.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 75
You would be surprised how wide the Curves are. In the front they ar 7.5 and in the back 7 wide. I think they curve down in the center to a little over 6. Glad to hear you like the sled. I have an SE and love it.

I used to run a set of SLP Powder Pros on my old '97 Polaris XLT way back in the day! I really really liked them on that sled, it made a world of a difference! I understand that those two sleds are light years apart in technology so a direct comparison can't be made. I have been considering these in the back of my mind but have not heard of many guys trying on the Nytro yet so I was a bit gun shy to put that kind of money down blindly! I'm glad that you are being the guinea pig here and I look forward to hearing your report! Good luck!

So how many sets of skis do you have? and once you make your choice, will you be selling any of the sets? Thanks!

skis

I am just swapping skis with other sleds I own. I have the original C&A's on my Viper, Simmons on my RX-1 and SLP SLT's on my SRX 136". My bud has a set of Powder Pros but strangely enough the only sled I have seen them work well on was a Polaris. I only tried them on a SRX and a RX-1. The Powder pros are very similar to the Yami Mountain skis which I didn't like on my XTX, I think the Nytro needs a little less aggressive ski.

I already sold my mountain skis to my cousin for his Attack which consequently work pretty well on either the attack or the apex. My other cousin ran them last year on an Apex with the spacers on the outside of the ski to increase the ski stance an inch. This combo works nice on this sled.

If the C&A XTX's don't work well on the nytro I will probably try them on my SRX. If they don't work well for either they will likely be for sale.

Back