• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX SLIDERS, SLIDERS

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
How long do they come from Yamaha?
I quickly measured along the track and get approx. 56"- 57"
Where can I get aftermarket sliders that are harder and long enough?
Ontario, Canada.

This XTX looks like another slider eater.
Front curve Hyfax looks ok.
But after less than 100 kms they are not looking well along the rear the section from the first larger wheel to the tip up wheel.
Not cool.
I have no idea what kind of wheel system will fit along that section of rails.

Just noticing this on mine too. 104 miles in and half the slide is gone. Mine is wear from the 121" section forward. The 121" back to 144" is still like new.

New to sleds, whats the difference between Hyfax and sliders? Thought they were the same thing?

they should wear fast to a certain point and stop, have 1800 miles on the set that came on there and they have looked the same for the last 1500 miles,alot depends on condition also,i have the small wheel kits still in the box because i have not felt the need to put the on.

i never changed my set of hyfax last year and put on 3238 miles in southern and norther WI on a 2008 fx nytro rtx. I just changed them about a week ago. they still had a little bit left but i needed to change them anyways.

Get the graphite sliders from Royal Distributing. Hmmm, I just checked my catalogue...their longest Yammy sliders are 52 3/4 inches though. Are you sure the length of your sliders are 56-57"? If they are, put in an order to Yamaha right away.

LJ452 recommended going with the Poo RMK slides, so that is what I went with. They are a mother to put on, but look good (White).

I haven't been able to compare to the stock ones, but they lasted me 2200 miles.

I called Royal Distributing tech support.
I asked them to measure the advertised 52-3/4" graphite items.
They seem to always come longer then I cut them down.
(at least 4" or 5" off the shortie 121 rails last year)
Just how long is the question??
They said they would call me back tomorrow after the length check.

The graphite Yamaha sliders are within 2 bucks of the royal price, so there's no advantage to buying at Royal if you have to ship. Plus the Yami sliders are cut to perfect length.

I drive around enough trying to find stuff.
Yamaha dealer is over 1/2 hour away.
Plus I have UPS here every day already.
Royal is good for me if I can make it work.

The next trick is waiting for someone to come up with a real solid extra wheel set up for the XTX rails.
I'm not going with mickey mouse small wheels they can't take the abuse.

I have 2 extra sets of wheels so far. No testing time on them yet but should get out Thursday. One set is just behind the first outside wheel, the second is in the tipped up section of the rail. It's going to be tough to get any others in there unless they are small. Not much room for when the suspension collapses and no room for any kind of cross shaft. I'll let you guys know how they worked and get pics.

lucky_7 said:
LJ452 recommended going with the Poo RMK slides, so that is what I went with. They are a mother to put on, but look good (White).

I haven't been able to compare to the stock ones, but they lasted me 2200 miles.

I like white.
Please explain... A mother to put on.
Is the channel profile tight?

mach9 said:
lucky_7 said:

I like white.
Please explain... A mother to put on.
Is the channel profile tight?

Yeah, the channel is very tight! Get a dead blow hammer and some WD-40, then go to town.

monker said:
I have 2 extra sets of wheels so far. No testing time on them yet but should get out Thursday. One set is just behind the first outside wheel, the second is in the tipped up section of the rail. It's going to be tough to get any others in there unless they are small. Not much room for when the suspension collapses and no room for any kind of cross shaft. I'll let you guys know how they worked and get pics.

It would be nice to see pics of your set up when you have a chance.
I was looking at this kit.
They are for the 121 chassis, but should fit or the XTX.
Again the small wheels inside I just don't know how they will last.
Anyone try this kit yet?
Here is the link.
http://www.fixpowersports.com/pages...7298/1/0/1/yamaha-fx-nytro-mid-wheel-kit.aspx

Here is the pic

Attachments

• Fix-Power-Sports-FXnytro-wheel-kit.jpg
    Fix-Power-Sports-FXnytro-wheel-kit.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 86
loudelectronics said:
Just noticing this on mine too. 104 miles in and half the slide is gone. Mine is wear from the 121" section forward. The 121" back to 144" is still like new.

New to sleds, whats the difference between Hyfax and sliders? Thought they were the same thing?

Hyfax and sliders. Same thing!
I didn't mean to confuse, I used both words in my post.
Cheers

Back