• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

But is it the linkage or the Dual Pressure, or both?

Birkebeiner

I did just the Hygear as I wanted to keep the same transfer I have now. I have not tested the link so I can not say.

EDIT: I had to alter to get it to fit as Hygear does not support rear chamber only as it needs the link to fit

Does anyone know if my 2015 Stx-dx has float 2 or 3 from the factory. Are USA and Canada sleds different?
My USA STXDX 2015 has a FF3 says right on the shock, I did not know this until this thread.

Had my Dealer look up serial number of my 2015 and he said was a ff2. I told the Hy-gear guys this and they supplied me with both air fittings so my kit will work with both 2 or 3. They brought my kit to the Toronto show. I will be at the cottage in Parry Sound next weekend to install. I will let you know then.

Anyone else going to the show today or tomorrow. Kicking myself for not buying the mbrp header and trail can. Pm me

Have been thinking seriously abought getting this set up but am concerned that I wont be able to pop the front end up when I want on my MTX.

Have been thinking seriously abought getting this set up but am concerned that I wont be able to pop the front end up when I want on my MTX.

Didn't effect lift on our red Viper out in the driveway, but I didn't put the Hygear link on. I was not sure what effect the link would have but wanted to keep the lift. Maybe it lifts ok with link?

I hope this works half as good on the snow as it does running it outside with wheels on the asphalt. I was going to buy a set for our other Viper but as the deal went away I may wait until after testing on snow.

I was wanting the good Axis shocks and they said to get the link kit also. I would think w/the turbo I would still be able to pick the front up in the trees and creak bottoms. Thanks Fred

I was wanting the good Axis shocks and they said to get the link kit also. I would think w/the turbo I would still be able to pick the front up in the trees and creak bottoms. Thanks Fred

You can be the guinea pig then and see if the link hurts front end lift in the boonies. :cool:

Isn't the kit both the pivot and the rods? If it's just the rods if you guys want same transfer and lift as stock it would be easy enough to drill the hole and cut the rods to same length as stock single rod and you would still have clearance for bottle. On my RTX when running Axis that is exactly what I have. Rods are exact same length as stock single just need two to clear bottle. So really no $ would be wasted.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Isn't the kit both the pivot and the rods? If it's just the rods if you guys want same transfer and lift as stock it would be easy enough to drill the hole and cut the rods to same length as stock single rod and you would still have clearance for bottle. On my RTX when running Axis that is exactly what I have. Rods are exact same length as stock single just need two to clear bottle. So really no $ would be wasted.
View attachment 110906
View attachment 110907

I bought an extra stock rod and plan to put one on each side with spacer in center.

You can be the guinea pig then and see if the link hurts front end lift in the boonies. :cool:
Great idea. Or maybe not. The e-mail I got from them was the shocks are designed for the kit. The high end shocks are $1700 for both skid shocks pluss the kit. May still look into getting new rails and shorten the arms for the KMOD in my Summit and trans plant it into the Viper.

They pulled the plug after I could not longer get 10 to 20 people interested in 10%. I can approach them at Novi again but dont hold your breath. Maybe they will run Xmas special.

Back