• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

I was wanting the good Axis shocks and they said to get the link kit also. I would think w/the turbo I would still be able to pick the front up in the trees and creak bottoms. Thanks Fred
I ran the linkage all last season with the axis rear skid shock. My sled used to pull the skis 12" on launch and then go down the trail lifting the front end to 3' off the ground out to about 90 mph. now it just launches the same but the skis never go higher than about 12"

This video is after the linkage was installed and the first run is at 9#'s the 2nd is at 12#'s but the clutching was off and I was banging the rev limiter.

But it will still bring the nose up in the deeper stuff

This video was the year prior and only running 5#'s of boost if you go to about minute 4:40 that was how I was at only 180 ish hp the skis were never on the ground making it hard to steer. I am wiggling the bars the whole time I am under throttle cause the skis just never touched down.

New to the forum, and to Yamaha 4 stroke sleds for that matter, I'm installing the pro linkage kit on my 15 xtx and I'm wondering if any of you that have installed it on a 15 had to move the cross shaft back one window. I don't see how the cross shaft will interfere with its stock location. Also, I didn't receive any idler wheels bolts, so I'm assuming that the stock bolts are okay to reuse with the nut on the outside of the rail. Thanks for the help

I watched that video, somewhat helpful. I called hygear this morning and talked to someone, he said that on 15 models to reuse the idler wheel bolts with the nut to the outside and that the reason to move the cross shaft was not for clearance issues but more a coupling effect. So I guess I'll move it back, but they should be a little more clear in the instructions

Well that video would have been nice to have 2 yrs ago! I did mine with the suspension in the sled by myself. still only took 30 mins but was a bit#$ to get the bottom shock bolt in with a coil over shock that you cannot let the air out of. :o|

I have a question I will be ordering the hole rear linkage kit for my dads 15 stx dx for Christmas and my question is how hard is it to change the top cap so he can keep that idler wheel? Is there any major noticeable wear without that wheel if I don't change the top cap?

Sent from my iPhone

I have a question I will be ordering the hole rear linkage kit for my dads 15 stx dx for Christmas and my question is how hard is it to change the top cap so he can keep that idler wheel? Is there any major noticeable wear without that wheel if I don't change the top cap?

Sent from my iPhone
It involves at a minimum a gas recharge. Don't take that cap off with Nitrogen pressure in shock. Parts will fly and could actually be dangerous.

It involves at a minimum a gas recharge. Don't take that cap off with Nitrogen pressure in shock. Parts will fly and could actually be dangerous.
Ok thanks i was just wondering if it was as simple as just changing caps I guess I will just keep the stock cap

Sent from my iPhone

I see the 2016 XTX, which have the Float Evol, don't have the idler wheel, so I guess the hyfax wear isn't that bad..?

Birkebeiner

Ok thanks i was just wondering if it was as simple as just changing caps I guess I will just keep the stock cap

Sent from my iPhone
No problem. Any shock guy could do it including me. Would more than likely have to dump the oil in shock also since cap usually requires heat to remove since its Loctited on there. Ask Hygear what they charge. I would charge $30.

No problem. Any shock guy could do it including me. Would more than likely have to dump the oil in shock also since cap usually requires heat to remove since its Loctited on there. Ask Hygear what they charge. I would charge $30.
Thanks for the offer but I was just hoping it would be something a I could do easily for him and not send it out. Thanks though!

Sent from my iPhone

I had my dealer install the linkage kit plus a Fox shock with coil over and I now have 2 to 3 inches of sag after I lift the track off the ground and set it back down. This did not occur before I before the linkage kit was installed. Has Mr. sled or anyone else who has installed the kit experience this as well?

I had my dealer install the linkage kit plus a Fox shock with coil over and I now have 2 to 3 inches of sag after I lift the track off the ground and set it back down. This did not occur before I before the linkage kit was installed. Has Mr. sled or anyone else who has installed the kit experience this as well?

I have a few inches of set in but no more then what was stated on the Hygear install papers.

Ok. So when you actually sit on the seat...how much more set in do you get? I get another 2 inches. So I'm looking at 5 inches of set in total. That's almost 1/2 travel. That's a lot. I'll call hygear tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback though.

Back