• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMABLOG cryptic promise

Well, It is a "system" and he can feel the difference it makes in the seat of his pants.

So, one of two things IMHO;

Suspension system

or

Driveline system

Either one will be neat to see how it works during testing.

I guess Yamaha mssed the Memo From Arctic Cat that the manufacturer is supposed to let the consumer do the testing of new systems.

:Rockon:

Tractor Beam for rope-less towing of other sleds

They hooked up with fast and putting the air wave in ;)!
In turn yamaha is supplying them with engines and the blade is making its come back ;)!

I just hope that it is not something that has been done.... ex belt drive.... as awesome as it would be , it has been done.....

I really wanna see Yamaha at the top of the tech! They have the minds for it and the tech to do it, however I do also understand that the economy is not the best and this will affect things.
I am really excited to get my viper and build it up... I hope Yamaha keeps the viper for a few years and when the time comes releases a true "game changer" because I think this viper will be the best all round sled they have ever put out. :Rockon: solid chassis and bomb proof engine, sign me up please :yam:

Vectornut said:
How about :Direct Drive" ? No Jackshaft! I think Yamaha could develope a 4 Stroke that could overcome the need for a jackshaft. It was done by John Deere Sprint years ago and by others but lacked low end power but was fast at the other end. More efficient too.

I'm also thinking some sort of a direct drive system, but the old direct drive teamed with CVT found in the old Polaris Sprint\Star or John Deere Spitfire was pretty limited for speed and didn't work in anything much bigger then a 340. When thinking outside the box, their is so much that could be done. With cost a factor, I would look at other Yamie products and see what could possibly be retrofitted in a sled. Interesting nonetheless.

Dan

This is a good thread on speculation. I hope Yamaha is reading this and taking notes.

The best part about a thread like this is when something comes out that Yamaha has hinted one it is great to see who nailed it back when we were guessing.

It mentions he sampled some technology in japan and now has been tasked with applying it to snowmobiles. So it isn't going to be something necessarily new, and most likely borrowed from yamaha PWC's. (that more or less rules out transmissions and suspension, no way to preview those technologies on other platforms, nor is anything from those platforms really useful to a snowmobile)

So yamaha's weak point has always been weight. My guess is they are borrowing building techniques &/or technologies from the PWC side (ie NanoXcel), and are going to have WAY more composite material, up to a completely composite tunnel. He mentioned controversial, and that certainly would be! (i can hear the keyboards warming up saying a plastic tunnel would never work!) Thinking it through, it wouldn't even be too bad. Create a triangulated tube structure going to the back for the suspension to mount to, and everything else is simply plastic/composite.

And the snow wouldn't stick to it as it do with metal.

dylanjen9 said:
I dont have a problem with brake dust!!

LOL! Dosen't matter as long as Yamaha think you do...

I'ts a problem related to the machines fitted with drive-by-wire, and the brakes under the hood apparently, so it looks like Yamaha (at some point) will be going in the same direction as Doo's 900 ACE = drive-by-wire...

And I've never seen a Phazer with a tripple in it, allthough it's just a drawing... :sled1:

It's fun to overspeculate everything they say, or patent... LOL :drink:

So by now it will be the "leanig" Phazer with a tripple and drive-by-wire, and the "good old" Diamond Drive... :-o

Back