• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Cutting Production for 2019

I would have to think that manufacturers are often looking at transmissions that don't require belts. I'm not sure what alternative would work, but surely this is being explored. I would think the last thing they would want to do is add weight, and a pair of clutches isn't heavy by any means. However, I also think that any alternative would eliminate the chaincase and jackshaft also.

Why not use a chain & gears on the clutch side and make it a manual shift
I'm sure this is all just big Speculation ;) I have done every search available and looked through all the ATV UTV and Motorcycle listings on Google search and Nothing Concrete . But logic tells me they have something coming. They are a very proud organization and power sports is part of it. They will not back out and become the laughing stock of the power sports world. And they would not have reorganized and moved the Snowmobile headquarters and hired more Engineering and hired the Karpik Brothers ! They will come with a new full frame sled with a lighter weight and hopefully better suspension ( not digging the single shot ) . If Cat brings the suspension components I'm all for it. :sled2:
sounding more and more promising with info like this...especially if they’re hiring the karpik bros. I had no idea those guys designed the m-10&20. This should get good!

karpik brothers are the ones who designed the new front suspension for the apex..was not Yamaha japan!!! its called the Dive-tek kit.....https://www.teamfast.com/divetek-kit
That’s a neat system, they have a lot of suspension stuff they never released too! I use to bump into Dave Karpik fairly often but haven’t seen him in few years. The use to do a lot of testing on the lake near my house. Ah the old days when I use to work in the Fast Warehouse during Highschool.

I don't actually go on Arctic Chat very often, doesn't seem to have very much traffic. The guy that runs it lives in my town though and I run into him occasionally. He's all Arctic Cat and doesn't say much positive about the Yam/Cat coalition. Says stuff like...if it wasn't for Cat Yamaha would be done. They make a good motor but other than that......:bore:

Correction.....my friend doesn't run ArcticChat.....it's ArcticInsider......but either way, I don't do much browsing there.

Dave is still making the blade and working out of Fast they still sell there air suspensions and are doing other stuff. great guys

Your "friend" is correct. Yamaha wants to sell motors, they have zero interest in sleds. As has been obvious for the last decade. Karpick's last adventure was promising a big sponsorship to sled racers from a belt company. Oddly enough no belts ever showed up.

Your "friend" is correct. Yamaha wants to sell motors, they have zero interest in sleds. As has been obvious for the last decade. Karpick's last adventure was promising a big sponsorship to sled racers from a belt company. Oddly enough no belts ever showed up.

Go back to HCS where you belong.......troll

Back