• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha option for Crosstour windshield with Mirrors?

Well I will know when it comes in. Hopefully not to much modification.
The one I saw was a 2014 viper with a minimally modified crosstour 2014 windshield, look great felt sturdy.

I installed the Crosstour mid with mirrors today on my LTX DX. Was not too hard of an install after all. Looks good.
129f4e9f4e6f2a0ee7dea653a610afed.jpg
52ecc54a9a317148c9f220c656bfac75.jpg
3b8b1d008bc98adef632c122e1faea03.jpg
c3e30b6219506127f4521da68593d91a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. Ever since I rode the Crosstour I knew I wanted that windshield. Question is how will it look on my "boy racer" sled?

Also curious how the mirror height is and if they'll still be functional with an 8" riser?

Can you get the mirrors separately and wondering if they will fit on the OEM stock R-TX-DX windshield? Your setup looks great!

My dealer and I took the separate mirrors to the Yamaha mid windshield and no way, the Yamaha mid is just to floppy out where the mirrors would attach. Also the angle is way off would not work so I ordered the Cross tour mid with mirrors.
Guess what came to my house TODAY. Yippee install hopefully this weekend.

My dealer and I took the separate mirrors to the Yamaha mid windshield and no way, the Yamaha mid is just to floppy out where the mirrors would attach. Also the angle is way off would not work so I ordered the Cross tour mid with mirrors.
Guess what came to my house TODAY. Yippee install hopefully this weekend.

Could you get some overlay comparison pics please?

They are the same height I measured 9 3/4 inches from top center of gauge pod to top of both shields when installed.

I am wondering how to secure the tab were it feels like if I drill I will hit the light housing.

Switch 07 what did you use? seems like a large flat black round something?

I see over it nicely, through it lots of distortion. Have not mounted mirrors yet want to finish modifications first.

Used a push in plug, some call a Christmas tree plug. The very end of the light housing is kind of in the way but I drilled into it anyway. It is only the mounting flange for the light assembly and I did not break the seal for the housing.

I installed the Crosstour mid with mirrors today on my LTX DX. Was not too hard of an install after all. Looks good.
129f4e9f4e6f2a0ee7dea653a610afed.jpg
52ecc54a9a317148c9f220c656bfac75.jpg
3b8b1d008bc98adef632c122e1faea03.jpg
c3e30b6219506127f4521da68593d91a.jpg

looks great ! does the mirrors come with that or do you have to drill and mount them. I don't want mirrors but I like this shield! What is the part # for this shield?

The shield was predrilled for the mirrors. #6606-722 windshield, mid cruiser w/ holes. You can probably cross reference it w/o holes.

Great will look for some Christmas tree plugs, did you cut them down to reduce the reach? I mean so you do not push the black plastic away from the light housing.

It looks like AC uses the same screw that attaches the mirrors in the extra hole on the dash. I can only assume that they use the same expansion nut here as well.

Back