• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha R.I.P 2013-02-20 or ?

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
DoktorC said:
It has a genesis motor....5 valve....meaning Apex motor not a Nytro motor (according to the pictures..)

OOOOH REALLY.......Are you Sure????...Better Look Again :jump: :sled1:

There IS a twin cylinder Genesis 5 valve motor, it makes 80hp......... Maybe that all that is, the new joint venture ENTRY LEVEL yamaha/cat with the rumored 550cc engine in it. Would be ALOT better then the gutless 600ACE and would sell well at the same price point as an 600ACE. I've looked at a procross and don't think it would be TOO difficult to shoehorn Nytro engine in it but an APEX engine would be tough. The 550 twin could be a good match to go up against the "rumored" Doo 800-900cc ACE twin and they would all be competing in a 90-100hp 4 stroke class to revive the old "440-500" power class.

AKrider said:
I hope all the brand loyal, blue goggle wearing, Ricky racer posers leave to another brand. Otherwise they will piss and moan the new YamaCat rides too stiff, handles too aggressively, doesn't look pretty, isn't "pure" enough to be a Yamaha. That mentality has been holding Yamaha back for years. In the meantime Cat offers performance, sleds that can actually go around a corner, bash through the bumps and aren't the laughing stock of the industry whenever they show up for a race.
I gota pull up my boots cause its getting deep!......Really??

I'm just getting antsy, this new release has been filled with way too much drama. Here we finally get photos after months of waiting and people say they are fake. For years people have complained (not just me) about Yamaha's sled short comings and a pro-cross Yamaha WILL be a big step forward in ride and handling performance. The naysayers simply don't seem to care about performance and appear to be more concerned with the fit and finish of their body panels. Yamaha has listened to that demographic for way too long and the poor sales are a reflection of why that strategy is flawed. Lots of Cat guys have been posting they are excited about the prospect of a Cat chassis with a quality Yamaha motor and clutching. Those guys will more than make up for the handful that turn their nose up at a hybrid sled whose focus is performance.

Hope I'm right anyway. If not there will be nothing for me to look at in the Yamaha world until next year at this time.

AKrider said:
I'm just getting antsy, this new release has been filled with way too much drama. Here we finally get photos after months of waiting and people say they are fake. For years people have complained (not just me) about Yamaha's sled short comings and a pro-cross Yamaha WILL be a big step forward in ride and handling performance. The naysayers simply don't seem to care about performance and appear to be more concerned with the fit and finish of their body panels. Yamaha has listened to that demographic for way too long and the poor sales are a reflection of why that strategy is flawed. Lots of Cat guys have been posting they are excited about the prospect of a Cat chassis with a quality Yamaha motor and clutching. Those guys will more than make up for the handful that turn their nose up at a hybrid sled whose focus is performance.

Hope I'm right anyway. If not there will be nothing for me to look at in the Yamaha world until next year at this time.

You make valid points...but just because the chassis works well doesn't mean we have to settle for AC quality. I think guys are excited for the sled but scared of the ACness of it. A great handling sled does NOTHING for you if it's in the shop with whatever AC's breakdown of the month is. The concept is fantastic it's the execution "we" are concerned with. AND the implications that arise from Yamaha buying a chassis from the competition then supplying them with motors for the same chassis....is this the beginning of the end of Yamaha sleds??

Now, this all goes away if it's a Yamaha Procross built in a REAL factory with proper QC....then this thing is gonna be deadly.

Either way...it's not BNG and I told ya everyone would bitch...I just didn't expect that it would be me this time lol.

09nytro said:
Maybe yamaha bought ac out

We can only dream... but then they would miss all production for next year trying to clean-up and retool the factory to Yamaha standards.

09nytro said:
May have started to do that already.......never now :sled1:

Well someone on here claimed that Yamaha engineers have been up in TRF for the past 2 years working with Cat on this project. Who knows? So many rumors.

The Phazer seems like its a 100 lbs lighter than a Nytro and the SnoPro 500 feels a 100lbs lighter than a ProCross.They are a midsize sled with a need for just a little more power in sno pro and handling/power in Phazer to be perfect.Even just sitting on the sleds differences seem huge compared to the bigger chassis.If this is a 500 class sled in a Procross chassis to replace Phazer and SnoPro 500 then AC and Yamaha will have both lost something special.Just speculating since pics werent the best but it sure doesnt look like a SnoPro 500 Chassis.It looks like the current ProCross.Cant wait to see dimensions and specs.But most of all ride em to find out.

Do remember that AC buys their 120 motors from Yami. Also the 120 body is an AC Z chasis

yamahabandit said:
STAIN said:
YUK!!!! If I want a Cat I"ll buy a cat. I rode one of these chassis this weekend and was not impressed.
How long did you ride and what are you riding now? First time I rode mine I was impressed with handling and speechless about the deep powder performance. No Nytro arm-pump was also a nice bonus for my beat-up old body. :sled1:

That right there sums up what drove me to by a Cat. I love my Nytro, but it simply wears you out driving it in deep snow and on rough trails. I can keep up on the Nytro, but I have to work twice as hard as I do on my Cat, which is just easier to ride in every situation.

If it's possible to have Cat performance with Yamaha quality control, we're going to have a seriously awesome sled.

yamahabandit said:
STAIN said:
YUK!!!! If I want a Cat I"ll buy a cat. I rode one of these chassis this weekend and was not impressed.
How long did you ride and what are you riding now? First time I rode mine I was impressed with handling and speechless about the deep powder performance. No Nytro arm-pump was also a nice bonus for my beat-up old body. :sled1:

That right there sums up what drove me to by a Cat. I love my Nytro, but it simply wears you out driving it in deep snow and on rough trails. I can keep up on the Nytro, but I have to work twice as hard as I do on my Cat, which is just easier to ride in every situation.

If it's possible to have Cat performance with Yamaha quality control, we're going to have a seriously awesome sled.

Back