• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Recall

Phatboyc

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder
"There is a recall coming from Yamaha within the next week for some 2009 FX Nytro (FX10Y, FX10XTY, FX10RTY, FX10TRSY, and FX10MTRY) models. There is a problem with the front suspension’s right side upper A-arm bolt loosening. Currently, Yamaha is working with the CPSC to put together a recall campaign. For now, you might want to double-check your A-arm bolts if you have an 09 FX Nytro."

There is a recall coming from Yamaha within the next week for some 2009 FX Nytro (FX10Y, FX10XTY, FX10RTY, FX10TRSY, and FX10MTRY) models. There is a problem with the front suspension’s right side upper A-arm bolt loosening. Currently, Yamaha is working with the CPSC to put together a recall campaign. For now, you might want to double-check your A-arm bolts if you have an 09 FX Nytro.

SledderWorld.com will post the recall in our Snowmobile Recall/Service Bulletin area the moment we receive it. Remember, our recall and service database is the MOST complete anywhere on the 'Net!

I put red Loctite on my upper a-arm inner bolts and haven't had a problem. I would recommend that all put red loctite on these to avoid problems until a official recall is made.

LeeKo said:
I put red Loctite on my upper a-arm inner bolts and haven't had a problem. I would recommend that all put red loctite on these to avoid problems until a official recall is made.

the bolt that goes throught the tunnel? post a pic please

The upper A arm bolt came out on me last year. I ended up putting loctite on it.

If you haven't done so already, definitely check that bolt and snug it up.

I wonder what the fix from Yamaha will.

Here's a pic of the location:

Attachments

• DSCF0888a.JPG
    DSCF0888a.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 547
Yes you can tighten the bolt without removing everything. The picture I used was the result of removing the subframe to repair it.

I tightened mine tonight I just removed the three screws in the plastic that goes over the bumper. My right bolt was some what loose. The left seemed good . I will keep an eys on these. My sleds an 09 with 1600 miles.

I was the reason for the recall!

When I picked up my sled 3 week ago they told me that I was the reason for a recall. My upper right A-arm bolts let go last season. I gess I was prety lucky to have not gotten hurt, anyways when the a-arm let go it wrecked my sub frame, fox shock, bent both uper and lower a-arms, just prety much wrecked my whole front end, cracked oil resivoir ahh you name it and its new under warranty!

When the bolt came out for me, the Dealer said it wasn't covered under warranty.

And now it's a recall...hmmm.

Back