• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha RX1 Suspension Bolt On Swap

Dominic

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1
Hi everyone, Im looking for a new rear skid for my 2003 Rx1. Is there any easy bolt on skids from an apex that would fit with minimal hassle. I was looking at a 2006 Apex skid, and was wondering if it would fit. Any suggestions?

as long as you mount it is same position as the donor sled, i do not see you having a problem. just finished doing this to a polaris using an old yamaha skid and if you take your time it will turn out well.

On both my 2004 RX1 we used just the back halve from donor skids,so we used the old rx1 rails and front suspension but just drilled new holes for the new back halve (adjustable suspention) if your interested in this I can give you a picture with measurement for holes

If you want to install a mono from an Apex check out Barn of Parts. He has a bracket that will locate the mounting holes by using existing pop rivet holes that are already in your tunnel. I installed an Attak mono suspension in my Warrior this spring and I was lucky enough to get the tunnel thrown in the deal with the mounting brackets in the tunnel still. Good luck with improving your suspension over the no-action.

Back