• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha skid plate

Tyloooor

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I have a Yamaha skid plate and I lost some of hardware. Where can I get replacement hardware? and I know it's the best plate, but it's what I can afford right now. Thanks

i would think your best bet would be the dealer... if you have some of the old stuff you might be able to match something up at and auto parts store or hardware store.

So you referring to the plastic push pins?

Are you familiar with the heavy duty aluminum skid plate I offer? I sell them for $65.

yes, I've seen them, but our Canadian dollar sucks, shipping sucks and fees at the boarder suck

plastic screw but not push pin

I have lots of Yamaha fasteners but I’m not sure what you mean by plastic screw, there are no plastic screw on the belly pan.

Are you talking about the stock plastic belly pan or the plastic skid plate accessory that runs all the way up to the front bumper?

yes, I've seen them, but our Canadian dollar sucks, shipping sucks and fees at the boarder suck

plastic screw but not push pin

You may have to post pics of what you are looking for. There are no plastic screws that would have been used from factory to attach the skid plate.

I realize your dollar is weak, which is why i offer 20% off to canadians on my in house products. I ship via usps, so its reasonable and less expensive at the boarder. I do what I can to help!

I just ordered all those parts, as noted they are machine screws that hold the skid plate on, not plastic rivets. There are many plastic rivets for body panels. I wanted to go stainless steel so went to local hardware store and picked them up with SS washers vs. paying $2.95@ for regular steel with a Yamaha PN. When I am back in the USA, I can check what I purchased. Hibshman25, do you have a link to your skid plates, I do eventually plan to put one on as well. Any good guards for the A-arms, they appear to be hanging out there like on most sleds but the I notice the steering arms and anti-sway bar are way down there. Even a plastic guard for them might help glide over an obstacle vs. getting hung up on the 2-3" branch and twisting the f@#! out things, that would be a bad day.

I just ordered all those parts, as noted they are machine screws that hold the skid plate on, not plastic rivets. There are many plastic rivets for body panels. I wanted to go stainless steel so went to local hardware store and picked them up with SS washers vs. paying $2.95@ for regular steel with a Yamaha PN. When I am back in the USA, I can check what I purchased. Hibshman25, do you have a link to your skid plates, I do eventually plan to put one on as well. Any good guards for the A-arms, they appear to be hanging out there like on most sleds but the I notice the steering arms and anti-sway bar are way down there. Even a plastic guard for them might help glide over an obstacle vs. getting hung up on the 2-3" branch and twisting the f@#! out things, that would be a bad day.

Bottom of this page.

http://www.barnofparts.com/skid-plates

You may have to post pics of what you are looking for. There are no plastic screws that would have been used from factory to attach the skid plate.

I realize your dollar is weak, which is why i offer 20% off to canadians on my in house products. I ship via usps, so its reasonable and less expensive at the boarder. I do what I can to help!

And I do appreciate that, just hard this winter with my wife being on maternity leave

Thanks for the link, looks like good reasonable protection. I like your story as well, passion is key to a business thriving...

Back