• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha sled talk

Doesn't sound like for long. It appeared he was issued a gag order right around the time Yellowknife kinda got his regarding the problems he was having with his Viper. The Toronto Powersports Show is Oct. 24-26 and he usually drops in. Being in Minnesota is a great excuse for a no-show. I hope he does show as I like listening to what he has to say. He did a few videos with Powermodz at the last show with one being about the Performance Damper. Speaking of the Perf. Damper, any one heard a canadian price yet? Why all the secrecy? I also heard a rumour that they require the installation of a new rear bumper to house it.

Tell me more about the gag order I got? I'd love to hear it! ;-)

Looks like that long distance affair is over.

Chris and I stopped hanging out awhile ago. We couldn't agree on what colour to make the 2016 SRViper MXR - but at least I got to test it.

Cheers!

Looks like I spoke too soon! After reading Yellowknifes' comments on CR's second post it appears everything is rosy again.

At about the same time that the great number of Viper problems you were experiencing manifested themselves to the point of probable anger and embarrassment to Yamaha, your videos and Chris' blog seemed to stop. If I recall, you even mentioned an agreement you made with Yamaha (and your Viper problems) but weren't allowed to discuss any details.

Chris and I stopped hanging out awhile ago. We couldn't agree on what colour to make the 2016 SRViper MXR - but at least I got to test it.

Cheers!

Cheers!
At about the same time your growing list of Viper problems manifested themselves to the point of probable anger and embarrassment to Yamaha, both your videos and Chris' blog stopped. I even seem to recall that you came to an agreement with Yamaha but were not permitted to discuss any details.

Ahh, ok, thx for the context.

I can assure you (if you trust my word) that there was no gag order to me. I can't speak for Chris, but there was no fallout between myself and Yamaha (at least that I'm aware of) as a result of my video's or negative (but honest) feedback to the public. I stopped editing only temporarily because I purchased a boat, and had 6 weeks off this summer - that took up most of my time and as you can imagine I didn't want to be indoors in front of a computer. I got back to it actually when I got really sick for a week late in August lol. Regarding the agreement with Yamaha - I did reference an agreement that I couldn't discuss, but it was around my personal frustrations with the sled and nothing to do with my public display of feedback. Yamaha was sympathetic to my issues, along with my dealer, and I appreciate that, and it appears the starting issue is being addressed which is great.

I sure hope they work it out for you Yellowknife.

As for Yamaha. The Cat stock is down now. Time to buy them out.

I can assure you (if you trust my word) that there was no gag order to me. I can't speak for Chris, but there was no fallout between myself and Yamaha (at least that I'm aware of) as a result of my video's or negative (but honest) feedback to the public. I stopped editing only temporarily because I purchased a boat, and had 6 weeks off this summer - that took up most of my time and as you can imagine I didn't want to be indoors in front of a computer. I got back to it actually when I got really sick for a week late in August lol. Regarding the agreement with Yamaha - I did reference an agreement that I couldn't discuss, but it was around my personal frustrations with the sled and nothing to do with my public display of feedback. Yamaha was sympathetic to my issues, along with my dealer, and I appreciate that, and it appears the starting issue is being addressed which is great.

That would be awesome if they fixed the starting problem for you. I would think it would be easy since the Yamaha sleds all start fine and its the Cat fuel injection that's messing things up. It should be simple to adjust the fuel map to make it start and run like its supposed to.

I had a nice 20-30 minute chat with CR at the Toronto Sled and Atv Show this afternoon and it appears all is good in the world of Yamaha sleds.

Back