• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha taking over Wisconsin and the UP

DeepFrz

Expert
Just got back from my 4th trip to Wisconsin and the UP and I've got to say, I've never seen so many Yamahas on the trails! (more Yamahas than Ski-Doos and Arctic Cats out there even). I usually give a thumbs up to anyone I see riding a Yamaha when I'm out, and I found myself having to give a thumbs up to just about every group that passed us the other way on the trails! Anyone else on here been riding the area this year?

We ride in Minocqua Wi. every weekend, leaving today for our 9th weekend. North,South,East or West of there. Look for the 12 Apex XTX and 13 Apex, both Black.

In 1600 miles so far riding north of Highway 70 in Wisconsin and in the UP this year I have seen in this order:
1. Polaris AXYS chassis sleds
2. Vipers
3. Doo's
4. Yamaha 4s'
5. Misc old iron
6. Cat's

Only saw one sled on a rope and it was a newer Doo being pulled by a newer Doo.

EDIT - OMG....how did I forget Doo's!

Last edited:
3000 miles in that area & see many yellow doos ,some poos & cats too...Thinking you just notice Yamahas doo clearly #1 around here.

I ride anywhere from eagle river, presque isle, mani waters, st. Germain, to land o lakes.
Mainly see Polaris new cats and doo's. But yami's are starting to show up more and more.

Was in lac du flambeau two weeks ago " hurley to eagle river" and the UP "Otter lake to Copper harbor- otter to Sidnaw" sun-wed this week. Yamaha was the least brand I saw!!!!!

We were in seney about 3 weeks ago... My bud and I commented on the # of yammies up there.. #1 were doo, #2 were yammies. Not that many poo-poo's.. MM.

I have always seen more Yamaha's in those areas compared to MN where you normally see more AC's and Poo's, understandably so being they are mfg'd here. But I think the Cat/Yam mix has expanded that exposure no doubt.

Yeah there really isn't a yamaha dealer around up in this area. Trackside in e.r. But they push everything else and are big $. They're a last resort for me.
You have r & r for the cats and halsstron? for the doo's & poo's.
Ryden marine is starting to compete.

T
In 1600 miles so far riding north of Highway 70 in Wisconsin and in the UP this year I have seen in this order:
1. Polaris AXYS chassis sleds
2. Vipers
3. Doo's
4. Yamaha 4s'
5. Misc old iron
6. Cat's

Only saw one sled on a rope and it was a newer Doo being pulled by a newer Doo.

EDIT - OMG....how did I forget Doo's!
That is hilarious! I wonder if the two guys pulling each other were in our group. I offered to pull with my 06 attack, and he said this was embarrassing enough, and had his dad tow him

Minocqua Yamaha, has been good to us the couple time we have been there, they even let us demo a 14 Viper

Ive been riding in northern mn and have only seen a couple vipers. I was starting to think that maybe yamaha hasnt been selling much at all. Up in northern mn polaris and doo are mostly what i see. Also a lot of cats.

Polaris is very strong in Clark and western Marathon counties.

We met a group of probably 20 sleds on Saturday east of loyal and the majority seemed to be Polaris. Also one early 1970's JD for good measures.

Back