• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA -VS - DOO

kotapug

Expert
I have a friend that has a 2006 800 mxz doo and a guy wants to trade him a 04 rx1er 1500 miles and $2000.00 . My friend also has a 2007 mxzx550 that he owes $2000 on and thought that he would just pay it off with that money . My ? is he going to have many prob with the 04 and is there things that he should know about it first . Thanks for your input

The only real problems he might run into that I know of would be with the rear suspension.
If I remember correctly, the '04s still used the ProAction rear suspension, which was known for breaking the front w-arms.
Other than that, I dont recall any major issues with that sled.
For what its worth, it seemed to generally take thousands of miles before the w-arm would break and you easily fix the problem by welding some gussets onto the stock arm. I dont recall the name of the company, but there used to be a company that sold heavy-duty w-arms.
For the most part though, RX-1s were pretty bulletproof and I really wouldnt worry about having problems with the sled. Afterall, its a Yamaha.

bullet proof sled for the most part.. they dont ride that great, and they need a 13 mm swaybar to really handle.. otherwise a great sled..

coming off a skid doo, he wont like the rear suspension.

Back