• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha's changing colors!

OST said:
What does it really matter?
It matters !! Who wants a ugly sled.
I mean Ski Poo builds some fast sleds, but what the heck do I want a bumble bee on my sled for! YUK ! :yam:

I posted it just as a FYI, figured people on a Yamaha site would like to know.

I would have had a Blue Vector GT if they made one in 06.

Eagle1 said:
OST said:
What does it really matter?
It matters !! Who wants a ugly sled.
I mean Ski Poo builds some fast sleds, but what the heck do I want a bumble bee on my sled for! YUK ! :yam:

Color only camouflages the uglyness ... have a look at my avatar.

Wish I had a dollar for each time I was told my sled was ugly! ;):D

Beauty is in the eye of the owner ... I tinks she's a pretty sled.

Those who think otherwise ... :moon:

Anyways ... it's the corporate color this thread is intended to be about, not the sled color ... to each his own.

Superman said:
Yamaha Blue on Black is probably my favorite scheme. I was initially excited about the 40th anniversary stuff last year but I really didn't care for them once I saw them on the snow. If there just talking about changing the logo to Red then I guess its no big deal. But historically I'm not a big fan of Red snowmobiles. or anything red for that matter.

Agreed - that's why my turbo sled is going Blue/White/Black. All external parts except for the tunnel and tie rods are painted in Blue/White/Black.

In the past Yamaha has raced the MotoGP (GrandPrix) bikes colored, White and Red, Black and Blue, Blue and Yellow, Blue and White, Yellow, and maybe a lot more combinations. In the old days when sponsors was not yet common on the Race scene Yamaha raced int White and Red, Black and Yellow. On the sleds Yamaha raced in White and Red, Black and Red in the 70s, and a lot of other combinations in the years after before going Blue and White in 1998 and that's where they're at today.

Back