• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Hey Rock. We've been using it on my wifes 08, i put the boost on for her last year, ouch, HOT, I put the regular on mine and works great, already told you this long ago. I ordered one for my buddies fathers 08 Apex. Got the boost thrown in just in case he thinks he needs it later. What are your personal thoughts on how long you should run each of the models for without causing potential, if any problem with stator? Fellow I purcahsed it from suggested to not use the boost unless it was really necessary. Thanks for an awome product and even better service.
Shawn.

Hi Shawn!

You are welcome!

The Boost module monitors the current over time & is current limited.
It will only allow you to run at max for so long, then it will automatically cut down the current load.
This helps protect your stator from abuse.
(Meaning, if someone leaves it on high indefinitely, it is a low risk.)
This is fully automatic & will automatically go back to normal.

Obviously any use is a risk but it helps keep the risk low.
Most people won't leave it on high too long as it they get pretty darn warm anyway!
On the non-boosted models you can leave it on high for as long as you need to.
(I leave mine on high until my hands are toasty then cut back to one of the upper factory settings when it's really cold out.)

Hope this helps!

Rock :-o

Yes that helped explain it. I will try and relay this to my friends father. I may install it for him if he wants, if not I'm sure he will figure it out. On the really cold mornings the tips of my fingers will get chilly, have u got a finger tip warmer toooo

Didn't mean to offend anyone. Was just looking for input from the group without bothering you Rock. Got your pm and tried to call you but no answer. I will try later.

Thanks!

Rock is a great guy and he really does like to help others. I am sure that he will call you back if he hasn't already done so, and he will make sure that you are taken care of and satisfied.

He gives out his phone number for a reason. You can literally call him day or night and he will always be happy to hear from you and ready to help.

Between Rock & Kurt from Sled Start we have a couple of TY vendors that really understand what it means to offer excellent customer service (and products).

WOW , Rock if I forgot to turn off my heaters the smoke from my hands would be a reminder , for sure !

Holy Crap! I just installed my new Yamaheater with boost. In "boost mode" at idle the grips got so F'n hot that I couldn't hold on to them with my bare hands!

I used to run my old Yamaheater (without boost) on full (red light mode) all the time on cold days and I still needed gauntlets on really cold days. I guess that I will be selling my gauntlets now!

As always Rock has come up with an excellent product and his customer service is absolutely unbelieveable. I called him earlier tonight to say thanks and got his voice mail. I started to text him and he was already calling me back. He was actually calling me from the side of a snowmobile trail in the UP of MI on a Sunday night!

Thanks again Rock! You are awesome!

Awsome product rock I installed the yamaheater in 10 min. I don't have the boost but after idling the sled for 3-4min. I don't think I'll need it, the grips were warmer in that amount of time than I've ever felt them. Before the yamaheater I didn't know the phazer even had grip warmers lol. Thanks for everything rock your fast response time and customer service is unlike any I've ever experienced.

I just wish that I could test my new boost module out somewhere other than in my garage. Where is the F'n snow?

Tested the yamaheater on sunday. Let sled idle on full heat about 3min. Took off and set to three bars and they stayed warm until I shut it down. It was about 25 degrees but they never warmed like that before especially on three bars.

I bought another Yamaheater for my sled. Rock was right there to offer his assistance as usual since I ran into a little glitch in my existing sled wiring. Next thing you know, the bars were smokin! Thanks Rock!

Blue Dave said:
I just wish that I could test my new boost module out somewhere other than in my garage. Where is the F'n snow?

Well, I found plenty of snow in north eastern MN and I got a chance to test out the new boost module. Holy Crap! No need to run more than two bars to keep my hands toasty.

It will be very cold up there this weekend. Hopefully this will be my last ride with gauntlets or cold hands!

Ahose said:
It will be very cold up there this weekend. Hopefully this will be my last ride with gauntlets or cold hands!

Gauntlets? Crap, I forgot that I owned gauntlets! I should put them on E-Bay now since I am fairly sure that I will never need them again!

Back