• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaheaters?

Dr Ecto

Veteran
Just bought a used 2008 Nytro RTX. Was told it had Yamaheaters installed on it. I tried running the grip heaters with my blue button turned all the way up, they finally got hot after 30 mins. I then read you need to have the setting turned off to get the real heat. Tried that and seemed to get nothing. Where are these green and red LEDs I keep reading about for the yamaheaters located. How can I physically tell if the sled has a yamaheater. Thanks.

Follow ur wiring harness from ur ha dale bars they should run to a little box about 2.5" wide and 4" long or so. If there is no box you don't have Yamheater.

The red and green light is a part of the box it's a wire with a led on the end that you mount in ur dash to let you know if there in bust or just on regular.

When I turns mine on in like 3 min you can't touch the grip with ur bare hand..

Not bashing Yamaheaters but I just put on RSI elements and they work great, SPI is also an option that works as I have them on one sled...Yamaha elements just suck...no need for anything else. Yes I have used them in 15-20 below.

I had RSI on mine but at -45 C it's to bloody cold and found that the Yamheater was the answer...

Also read some where too that after market elements can blow your stater or something due to the certain wattage draw from them..... I'm not 100% about this or what read it one time some where...

^Yep, im rocking RSI wired properly (not the way that will burn them up quick), with a yamaheater and its finally perfect. RSI alone was no help.

A yamaheater looks like this: (from rocks site)

YH.jpg

*most don't have the switch anymore though.

It is possible that you have Yamaheaters and they are not working. Mine were not working, had Rock check them when we were up in Munising for the Give-away ride, my box had went bad after 4 seasons. Rock had some new units with him. We changed it out, got a new unit with Boost module. Now I've got warm hands again ;)! If you can't figure them out. Get a hold of Rock, he will help you figure it out. He is GREAT on customer service!!

So I can't find that black box or red or green lights anywhere. And the grips take forever to heat up. Maybe 20 mins. Once they do get hot the left one definitely works better than the right one. I wouldn't mind getting some yamaheaters, but now I am scared of compatibility issues. I know the previous owner had something done to the grips because you can see they have been filled with foam and the left one hangs of the bars by about 1/2". Like it has been removed and not pushed back on all the way. I texted him and asked what he had done and he still says the dealer installed yamaheaters. The wires coming out of the grips are flat and gray. Anybody have any clue what I would have?

If you can't find the black box by following your grip wires then you don't have yamaheaters! They plug into the stock harness behind the headlight. Not hard to find if you have it. A lot of people put foam in their handle bars to help insulate the stock grips. If you have yamaheaters you would definitely know it, they heat up super quick and stay warm. Awesome product!

yamaheaters

As a reference, if I put my Yamaheaters on high or turbo(off) I will burn my bare hands

Back