• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yellow warning, and engine on and engine surges at idle no codes

jim1960

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Apex XTX
i have a 2016 Apex XTX with 3500 kms bought used last summer. Starts and runs fine. However, when I come to a complete stop the yellow warn and engine lights come on. The engine will surge a few times then go to normal idle. After about 30 seconds the lights will go off and I can accelerate normally. There are no codes. If I role through a stop no issue. Only when I come to a complete stop. If I a trying to turn around and accelerating slowly the issue may repeat. Straight normal acceleration no problems. I took it to the dealer they found some old codes which they cleared. Checked fluids, topped up oil (not too low). They could not witness condition, no trial run. After checking over could not identify any issue. Said I should be good to go. Issue still exists.
As I do not know how it was stored by previous owner and due to low kms could have sat a season. Could it be a bad fuel issue? Dirty fuel, clogged injectors, dirty or bad sensor?
Also as the issue appears when warm and accelerating slowLy, when turning or backing up, could it be a clutch adjustment issue.
Also battery new this season.
Any thoughts before I restrung to dealer would be much appreciated.
Thank you

check your throttle free play as it might be too tight and causing the tors to activate. done it a few times myselfwhen changing the riser or adjusting the butter flys in the throttle bodies.

check your throttle free play as it might be too tight and causing the tors to activate. done it a few times myselfwhen changing the riser or adjusting the butter flys in the throttle bodies.
Yes, sounds like the throttle safety is activating(doing its job)

Back