• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yellowknife's 2006-2007 Season Odyssey on his Mountain Lite

something tells me yamaha Canada worked on this...we even find discrepancies between yamaha usa and yamaha canada, some parts are not available even though we're right next to each other. I have no further details on the part or when it will be available. Estimation was 1 to 2 months...so March or April.

storage box

Here's a couple of pics - also a neat place to put ax axe which is out of the way.

Attachments

• Axe box view-be.jpg
    Axe box view-be.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Axe box profile-be.jpg
    Axe box profile-be.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 272
  • Axe box view open-be.jpg
    Axe box view open-be.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 254
Well Sunday I couldn't find anyone to ride with, so I went exploring with the GPS, and boy, was it fun. lol

I started off following an existing trail until I hit an old trail that hadn't been broken yet. I started down that and the trail became very grown in....trees across the trail was common and there were several times that I almost turned around because it was getting so difficult to go through...
DownedTrees.jpg

I had the phazer loaded up with spare fuel and my gear...
BreakingTrail-1.jpg

Then the trail got better and it was smooth sailing...for awhile...
Bushwacking.jpg

I ended up on another seismic trail that was only accessible from the highway...so that was easy enough, then I hit the highway, crossed it, and ended up following our old highway and that was pretty cool. I then hit another cut-line and headed down breaking trail. Eventually I ran into this intersection...
DogsledIntersection.jpg

Eventually the GPS led me off the above dog sled trail, which I think the guys at Trout Rock use...and it was back to breaking trail again...
PhazerExploring.jpg

The trail turned very small and before I knew it I was in a creek bed with a pile of trees in front of me. Only one way to go - UP!....and get stuck...
StuckPhazer-1.jpg

After digging out, my foot went through the creek bed a couple of times, and at this point I didn't know where the trail was going because the GPS didn't even show the creek I was on...I got up the hill and found the trail shortly afterwards, again it got thick. Some people say the Phazer sounds like a quad...well, that's cause it is!!
PhazerQuadinTime.jpg

6 hours later, I made it to the North Arm of Great Slave Lake. What a trip! Nothing like bushwaking down old trappers trails and going where no one has been...but there were a few times there I almost turned around and gave up. Glad I kept going, it was cool completing the round trip.

The day ended with a Grouse that spontaneously combusted...
GrouseInternallyCombusted.jpg

Man that is absolutely fantastic!!!
I am gonna have to see about coming to visit!
We got some more snow here in the Delta, so the Black Lite has almost 3K miles on it now, and that is with only one day off so far this month.
Awesome job you are doing with this thread! Congratulations!
Well, keep on keeping on!

GR.

Well it was yet another Wall Tent Weekend this past Friday to Sunday. I forget how many times I've been out there now...6 I think?

I took my friend Jonathan who was up from Vancouver and ready to give the Renegade some much needed attention...
JonathanRiding.jpg

We did some fishing but didn't get squat! How disappointing...
JonathanSettingLines2.jpg

He took his frusterations out on the trees...
JonathanTimber.jpg

I'll have more pics of this trip in a week or so when I get the pictures from his camera. It was great weather!
JonathanRenegade.jpg

oh - that's a brand new hitch from end to end on that boggan too! She's a beaut!

Irondoghalve wrote ; Is there a user selectable switch on this sled that you can flip from 87 or 91 octane? If there ain't, no possible way for the engine to know on its own what you put in at the pump, therefore the timing can't vary. If there is a switch, YOU just changed the timing.

There is a knock sensor just like on any modern engine , as soon as it detects a knock it will retard the timing.
Foolproof isn't technology great. LaLaLa

It's family visit time. My brother came to town and on his first night in Yellowknife experienced -40 degrees. The coldest I seen was -39 on the thermometer at the wall tent, but it was recorded at -41 in town. It's his first visit north. His flights were cancelled Friday from the storm in Ontario but he arrived Saturday morning and we headed to the wall tent for some powder riding and wall tenting....

Rod on the yammi...
RodneyPhazer.jpg

Stuck...
RodneyStuck.jpg

RodneyFatAss.jpg

RodneyPhazer3.jpg

RodneyPhazer2.jpg

Tipped over in the distance...
RodneyTippedPhazer.jpg

He can't seem to stay on the trails there Mel...
RodneyStuck2.jpg

Time for me to show him how its done...
1AllanPhazer.jpg

Too bad this is the ONLY picture of the 10 he took that actually had me in the frame!
AllanPhazer2.jpg

Video of Day 1 and 2 to come...

Trip Day 3:

Well, we woke up to -36 Celcius this morning, 1 sled loaded into the back of my Ranger and two sleds on the trailer behind my Ranger. Truck was plugged it, it fired up, then we plugged in the Phazer for an hour and it fired up. I let it warm up, then we were off - driving 150 km's south of Yellowknife to do some ditch banging alongside the highway to Fort Providence.

We set it up so the Ranger was the chase truck. Basically one guy would always be driving the truck/trailer and two guys riding in the ditches. We rotated through, taking turns, and the guy in the truck could eat and drink and warm up...well, for a while at least...more on that in a second.

When we got to the point that we wanted to start riding from, the Phazer wouldn't start. The engine cooled down to the point of not being able to fire up! No problem...plug the Phazer into the truck's outlet to run the circ heater, except I forgot the fricken extension cord! Okay, plan B - use my external battery pack to power the circ heater - well, not enough voltage, wouldn't work. Plan C - use the batter pack to boost the Phazer battery...well, it may have worked, until the battery pack fell off the seat of the sled and busted the 12V plug-in!......so the phazer got to stay on the trailer, and the Renegade became the primary sled, and Ray had his Arctic Cat of coarse.

The riding began.....see, the guy in the truck could take pictures and video of the other two guys riding...as long as he stayed on the road and didn't get run over by a fuel tanker - there's 4 every 2 minutes it seems with the diamond mines refueling.

The temps warmed up and the riding was unprecidented...
AllanRay.jpg

AllanRenegade.jpg

RayRiding4.jpg

Okay, time to switch off - new driver of the chase truck....but wait, a Fuel Tanker is coming....wow, this transport is really flying...I'll just stick my head into the truck to grab my mitts....SMASH!!!
RodneyBrokenWindow.jpg

Yes, a transport went by and shot a rock at my head. Luckily it hit the window and busted it instead. It was like a gun shot went off....so not only are we 160 km's from Yellowknife with a broken window, we've also busted the 12V plug on the external battery pack. Alright, alright, we always break things...its normal...but a broken window? Man.

We weren't about to let that spoil the riding...but the guy in the chase truck wasn't as warm this time around...lol

1RayRiding3.jpg

RodneyRiding5.jpg

RodneyRiding2.jpg

RodneyPhazerAir.jpg

Perfect shot...chase truck interior...fuel tanker going by...sledder in the ditches...
RaySledinTankerTruck.jpg

RayRiding8.jpg

RayRiding5.jpg

We completed over 120 km's of ditch riding/powder riding. It was amazing.

The drive home was cold with a blown out window but we survived.

And boy do we have video....but that takes time to edit and stuff, I haven't even gotten day 1 and 2 done yet, and I have to work on the sleds tonight so be patient for the video it will come!

Oh yeah - the Phazer started after we boosted it with vehicle jumper cables - but I didn't use the truck, I used the Renegade to boost it! Nice touch.

This thread is sweet, YK. Thanks for putting all the time in it that you do. I look forward to all your pics and vids.

Thanks!

Well, I have the Phazer in the shop for its second oil change. The motor mount bolt behind the primary backed out - the nut put a nice chip in the primary sheave, and I found the nut under the motor sitting on the belly pan.

I asked my dealer to look at this at my first service, but 4000 km's later and she's come loose.

Yellowknife, any news about the updated part in front (snow entering engine) If yes do you have the new part number?

No update on that part, it has not been released yet...

On another note, looks like one of my intake air pressure sensors is pooched! Sled is running like crap, showing code 13. I had it all thawed out and apart and checked everything visually, but can't get it to work properly.

Dealer is going to wipe the codes clean and test the sensor tomorrow morning. Looks like it might be down waiting for a sensor to be ordered...it doesn't run very well with the sensor not working.

Back