• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yellowknife's 2006-2007 Season Odyssey on his Mountain Lite

I don't have the 12V plug but when I had the upper left pannel (as you sit on the sled) off the wireing is all there for it to be hooked up so it should be easy to install.

I just had the 12V accessory plug installed on my Lite. Works just fine...I wanted it for my GPS. I wish it still supplied power with the key off but it doesn't.

will a gps with batteries in it that is plugged into the 12v automatically stay on under battery power when 12v is disconnected, or in this case, the sled is turned off? 12v works on my rev with the sled off. i wish it stayed on with the yammi too.

skater said:
I just had the 12V accessory plug installed on my Lite. Works just fine...I wanted it for my GPS. I wish it still supplied power with the key off but it doesn't.

It obviously is wired into an accessory plug that only receives power through a relay once the engine is running.

Its an easy fix. Just wire the receptacle either direct to the battery, or to the always hot stud on the starter relay. You only need to run the hot wire, leave the existing ground wire on the receptacle.

You will then have 12 volts all the time. Just be careful not to leave a high load plugged in with the engine off, or you will have a depleted battery. I suspect this is why Yamaha did this.

Back