• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Trailer Hitch

S.S.Viper

Hey Fellas...

I'm new to the thumper side after picking up a newer 08 Phazer RTX...so please be gentle with me...hehhee..
Anyways...I have allot of questions regarding my new purchase..however I'll keep it simple for now since I have
an ice fishing trip coming up and my dad is taking this ride out on Lake Nipissing.
I'm curious if anyone knows of an after market hitch for the phazer to tow our portable ice hut out?...I've been
looking all over including the Royal Distributing catalogue...but can't find anything...
Any ideas or guidence would be appreciated..

cheers and thanks

YOP

Canadian Tire has a universal hitch part number 26-9403 that wraps around and bolts to the rear bumper/ grab bar.

I put one on my Vector and had to open up the "C" mount plate so it would fit the 25mm bar. I used a 3/4" pipe (1.050" dia) and formed the mount bracket over it like on an anvil. I then squeezed the "C" plate back together to the right size. The bumper has to be drilled for 1/4" bolts.

If you zoom in, you can see it mounted on the Vector below. I bought one for the Phazer but will have to grind off the reflector first, see pic.

If your ice shack is big enough, you will probably want to invest in the proper Yamaha hitch as it ties back into the tunnel.

IMG-20130202-00123_zpscf415c9d.jpg

IMG-20130203-00136_zps8973af8c.jpg

Ah yes...thats a perfect idea mr."Ultra Frozen"...
Yeah..for some reason I can't find anything like this
at Royal Distributing or on Yamaha Assesories page...
Kinda frustrating...
However..your solution is perfect and exactly the solution I'm looking for...

Thanks a bunch..

cheers

YOP

I recently installed a kimpex hitch that ties back into the tunnel. If I get time I'll post a picture later today. If you are pulling anything like a ice fishing shack, you will want one that pulls on the tunnel and not just the bar.

Right on...thanks dwh039...
Yeah..I just got back from Canadian Tire
and the one "UltraFrozen" suggested is sold
out in my area...argh!!
I'm glad you piped up..cuz your back up idea
will work...I hope..

cheers

YOP

I got the same one as from CT from a local sled shop for $12 with hardware. At Canadian tire they are 19.99
With just a little massage they will fit the GYTR bumper as well
DSCF0465_zps4ae530cb.jpg

dwh039 said:
Here is what it looks like installed.

Best option .... have homemade version similar to the Kimpex version ... spreads out the load more .... phazer has no trouble hauling

Wow...glad I set up this thread...
I actually ordered Kimpex hitches like
you guys said from a local dealer...gunna
install this weekend...I'll send photos aswell.
I'm not pulling a heavy load...just a portable
Frabill Hut with and auger in it..this is gunna be sweet!!!!

cheers guys

gumbellion said:
I got the same one as from CT from a local sled shop for $12 with hardware. At Canadian tire they are 19.99
With just a little massage they will fit the GYTR bumper as well
DSCF0465_zps4ae530cb.jpg

Pauls old sled?? This unit looks familier :sled1:

Back