• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2008-09) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

Sleding Weekend Number 24!

This continues April 15th thru April 19th. It is what would be our last series of overnight's at the tent. Greg took a couple days off to stay there before the weekend started, so I decided to commute to and from work each day to join him leading up to the weekend.

In YK fashion, things started falling apart...nothing but video's to share from this weekend, and so we continue with:

Sleding Weekend Number 24: Part Two Video Link

Cheers,
YK

Now the track dilemma...it's tough to find a good 153" track that won't fall apart - problem is they are all 2.25 or 2.5 inch in lug height. A 1.5 inch would be ideal for me here to handle more early and late season abuse - but I wasn't willing to pay for a brand new track only to cut its lugs down, so, my dealer Force One found me a brand new track for $300. The problem is, its the same exact piece of junk that I had, so, i'm hoping by cutting it down to 1.5" to where the lug is thicker, it will hold up longer - and at 1.5" it should handle my riding on Ontario groomed trails this January, but, if it only lasts two years again, at least it was only $300.

Never a dull moment in Yellowknife! ;)! I'm in awe that you made it back home with that track! That's some damage!!! WOW

300$ for a track seems like a good deal to me. I would think it will last a lot longer when cut down, and perform much better on hardpack and in low snow conditions. Allthough 9100km on the original big-lug track is VERY good IMO... I didn't realise you would have so few different tracks to choose from in 153" length... If you change the drivers, you could use the 154" 1.5" from the Ski-doo's (Tundra LT). But the 40" width might not fit your tunnel?

Will you be keeping the Phazer for yet another season?

I guess, 9100 km's isn't bad eh? Considering the size of the lugs, etc.

I wanted to avoid spending as much money as possible - so didn't want to change drivers. 40" width? what do you mean? 15"? 14? I don't know about the track you are talking about - because a 154" could fit without any modifications, the track adjusters could possibly take up the slack.

I will be keeping both sleds for another season. The phazer is out of warranty in December, the first time I have ever kept a sled out of warranty as an adult.

That's why I went 4 stroke, for reliability and longevity....but....we'll see. Maybe my luck will improve.

What...no video...bummer!!! I enjoy your stuff more then the professional stuff like Slednecks. You should contact Discovery, maybe do an Ice Road Trucker spin off or get Jesse James to ride with you guys...LOL
BTW your track looks like a buddy of mines 121, 1.25 ripsaw from a couple of years ago...If I remember correctly it was a bad run of tracks from camoplast and I think he got a new one on warrantee???

yellowknife, you should pm crewcheif. he cut down the lugs on his track and you both have basically the same sled. i know he cut his down for most of the same issues you are having. still goes pretty good in the powder with cut down.

Yellowknife said:
Sleding Weekend Number 24! Part Three

This continues April 15th thru April 19th. It is what would be our last trip to the tent in the winter.

Only 1 more weekend of sleding to report on after this one...

Sleding Weekend Number 24: Part Three Video Link

Cheers,
YK

Oh no! YK's season is almost over...... What will we do to tide ourselves over now until winter??????

Back