• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

who is paying to shim/update reverse??

I too have been given a new (different) belt from my Ontario dealer under warranty to fix the problem. He never said anything about the shims though.

wayfastkev said:
My had two shims in the secondary from the factory. I removed one shim and actually mine engages into reverse better. I dont use reverse much so I can live with the rockin thing.

Took another one apart and it only had one from the factory. Go figure. It basically just depends on how high you want to run that belt on the sheaves of the secondary. Do you want proper engagement or reverse? I think the shims are 2mm thick but I can measure it and post it for you.
2mm sounds a tad drastic, the clutches being that far out of alignment only sounds like exesive blet wear and poor clutch engagement to me. in any case i don't use my reverse period and always disliked how it is a button that runs through tha guage pod, i've always liked a simple manual lever like on quad. anyhow has anyone actually tried machining their own shims for this? cause really i'm thinking like a half maybe 1mm would be more the sufficient to get the gear to engage.

McMaster Carr would probably have that in just about any thickness.Arctic Cat dealers also have them in half sizes.I believe they are used in thier new drive system.Forget what they call it.But it gets rid of chaincase.

Back