TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

RS Nytro Proaction CK 121 to 144. Need advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Skis, Studs, Tracks and Aftermarket Suspensions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradford
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: RS Nytro Proaction CK 121 to 144. Need advice Reply with quote

I've installed TracksUSA 121" - 144" tipped up rail extensions and extro drivers and now I'm having a bit of an issue with track adjustment. I read on here that these extensions change the geometry of the skid and cause the track to tighten as it moves through its travel. So, to figure out how tight I can go on the track adjustment, I removed the springs and completely bottomed out the suspension by jacking it up with floor jacks. Problem is, with the nuts removed from the adjusters and the axle moved ahead as far as it can go, the track is tight just before it bottoms out. If I put extra weight on the sled, it will actually bottom out so I think it's Ok at this point. When I remove the jacks and allow the skid to drop, the track has 5/8" free sag and 1-7/8 sag at 22#. Here's my questions:

1. Is the track too loose @ 1-7/8" at 22#?

2. Will it balloon too much to stud? If I do stud it, it will just be for safety so I would stud it on the inside of the rails and not toward the center

Bergstrom Tripple Points
Shocktec shock valving
kinger
TY Lifetime Ads Member
TY Lifetime Ads Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are good questions. We'll need a proactive expert to help you but I know your right in stock form the track tightens as its compressed and that gets exaggerated when you go to 144, you might have to relocate the suspension to get it to work right or at least better.

What size track and studs were you thinking?

Predator GT-S, MPI 10lbs, 9T extros, 151" ZX2, 13.5" predator track, powderhound skis. Gems settings M1=2, M2=2.5, M3=5, M4=4.5, M5=1, M6=8
Bradford
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The track is 1-1/4". If I do stud, I won't go any longer than necessary. I'm looking for safety more than performance

If its not going to hurt anything, I'll leave it the way it is. I actually ran it last year for about 500 miles with the current setup without any problems that I'm aware of. I'm just hoping that I haven't opened a can of worms with this conversion Head Bang

Bergstrom Tripple Points
Shocktec shock valving
grader
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once the track breaks in it will stretch. 2 inches sag is ok with antiratchets. your main concern will be stud clearance, check it carefully and add to protectors if needeed.
Grimm
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll be fine with your track tension...and as said, the track will stretch, more so with the studs. You may find that you'll eventually have to tighten the track after a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Skis, Studs, Tracks and Aftermarket Suspensions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: