TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Hurley, Mercer WI trail conditions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Trail Conditions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sledneck22
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Hurley, Mercer WI trail conditions? Reply with quote

Anyone live near or been through hurley lately to know if the trails are ridable? Looking at a day trip on Jan 2nd to the area and want to know if it is worth it? I don't want to go ride on ice sheets.
Thanks,

gade-thrasher
TY VIP Advertiser
TY VIP Advertiser

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a post I recently made in anothe thread asking about trail conditions in the Hurley area:

My brother and I drove up to Mercer from Wausau last Friday (12/23). Mercer looked really bad. So we continued to drive up to Hurley. They didn't look any better. In fact, we didn't even unload the sleds. We turned around and came home. But maybe they have gotten snow in the past couple days. If they have, it has probably only been an inch or two. Not enough to make a difference.

The thing that irritates me the most is whoever the person is writing the trail reports up there ought to have his head examined. They are reporting trail conditions as "FAIR" ... which is not anywhere near the truth. I would give them a rating as "on the verge of being closed due to low snow." I think they are giving those reports to get tourist to drive up there. But it's more upsetting to drive all the way up there in hopes of seeing what they say, and then see junk. All I know is they didn't get one single dollar of my tourist money, and now they have an upset tourist.

Sorry for the rant ... by my advice would be to either keep going north to the Twin Lakes area in MI, or save your money, stay home and pray for snow.

sledneck22
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sucks... Looks like a little snow up until Sunday, Maybe there will be enough to go but apparently they are not running groomers until a sufficiant amount of snow falls... Probably going to be choppy, crappy trails if they are even still open. If anyone hears or see differently please post.
09NytroRTX
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in General Yamaha discussion a guy posted that is up there riding right now. Said the trails are rideable but im sure its low snow conditions.

09 RTXSE, OFT 136 kit, Split Rails--Sold
06 Apex Mtn.-- Sold
sledneck22
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats funny is right after I posted that I got a call from my uncle. He said we are still going up there Monday. Trails are ridable with 5" of snow in the last 2 days. Forcast says 4-8 more inches by New years day. Hopefully we can get a decent ride in!
michael432
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of wasting time with driving up there look at the web cams on john dees web site.
sledneck22
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Trail Conditions Reply with quote

So I ended up making a day trip to the Park Falls Butternut area yesterday. We rode 80N out of park falls to Butternut, Then 12W into Iron County, ate at the Midway Tavern. Gased at Donner's Bar. Rode the lake past the dam then hung a Right and headed south back into Price County. Then took 111 back into Park Falls. We missed like 2 turns and ran the entire length of the Turtle Flambeu and ended up with about 95 miles. Trail conditions were so-so. Really good in Price County, Crap in Ashland basically because they were just getting out to brush trails and we had to go through a swap that wasn't froze. Iron County trails weren't bad but not yet groomed. There was a at least 6"-12" of snow everywhere we went.
If anyone is from Park Falls...The trails through town are horrible to Navigate without knowing the city. We had to ask like 6 different people how to get to the industrial park parking lot where we parked. It probably had to do a lot with not knowing the city but man it was annoying being lost in the city haha.
If they get high traffic I can see the trails turning to crap really fast. We broke trail on about 50-75% of the ride.
But hey! We got to ride so it was a good day!

Trail 80 Between Park Falls and Butternut.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.47 KB
 Viewed:  184 Time(s)

Trail 80 Between Park Falls and Butternut.JPG

My Apex.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.71 KB
 Viewed:  193 Time(s)

My Apex.JPG

basic700 Nytro.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.03 KB
 Viewed:  188 Time(s)

basic700 Nytro.JPG

sorenson1610
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky SOBS!! Glad to see you got out and rode, and I got lost in park falls last year too. There are zero signs that tell you were to go other then to the gas station and that's a dead end. I would have to say price county has some of the best trails up there and for some reason nobody really rides them. They all want to pound the crap out of iron county Moon
Viper_Dave
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSSHHHHHHH!!!! Quit spreadin' that around! We trailer from Tomahawk to the SE Price county line, unload and RIDE!! We ride Lincoln cty the 1st mi. or so and it's like going from Illinois to Wisconsin. Bumpbumpbumpbump....SMOOOOOOTH!! Head to Phillips for lunch downtown and then NE to Chequamegon Forest. 1 of the Northwoods hidden gems Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
01blackspeeper
Extreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates im heading that way next weekend
01blackspeeper
Extreme

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone how about ironwood
Yamahajrp
Extreme

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are the trails from hurley to the east into the UP looking?
Snowman269
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamahajrp wrote:
how are the trails from hurley to the east into the UP looking?

I hoping someone can chime in about the trails from hurley to the east into the UP. I'm thinking I may only get one ride in this year with the poor conditions.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aOZL24rhzZM2FhZTcwZDMtYjVmMy00OWIzLWI5YjEtMDE4Mzg2ZDE2MDBi&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
michael432
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heading up there tomorrow morning, going to take our chances. staying at days inn.
Snowman269
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really hope you find some snow and have a great time.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9aOZL24rhzZM2FhZTcwZDMtYjVmMy00OWIzLWI5YjEtMDE4Mzg2ZDE2MDBi&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Trail Conditions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: