• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New track for MP

asti

Hi!
New to this forum, this is my first question.
I am thinking of putting a new track on my MP. Anyone just retracked to same length/width, but bigger lugs?
I saw there is one with 2" lugs and same pitch, so it would be easy.
Anyone with experiences?
Thanks!

I would suggest a search for posts by Karl; I believe he has a 2" or bigger lug. What type of riding do you do to need a 2" lug track? I switched to a 1.5" Crossover and it is a big improvement over the Ripsaw but that probalby wouldn't be enough for your riding and I'm not sure they are available in the 16" width.

Yes I have read karls posts and that is an option, to extend a little. I was looking at 391 cm or just retrack with higher lugs.
The later I believe will be much easier.
If I extend, I will probably have to change to drivewheels with a different pitch too.
Therefore my question if anyone had tried a 144*16*2" track.

I have a 159-16-2 with factory pitch on my MP, 15" extended. The track is from an older Summit. One tooth smaller extroverts and the lowest gearing that was possible to do. It's not a smooth ride but you can do long distance rides with it. The hitch frame are modified due to the extra 15". I think a high lug 144" and a low gearing will be just as good as the 159" overkill :) But my custom solution suits me well
/G

I have a 159-16-2 with factory pitch on my MP, 15" extended. The track is from an older Summit. One tooth smaller extroverts and the lowest gearing that was possible to do. It's not a smooth ride but you can do long distance rides with it. The hitch frame are modified due to the extra 15". I think a high lug 144" and a low gearing will be just as good as the 159" overkill :) But my custom solution suits me well
/G

Hi goby!
Thanks for the answer! If I don't find a slightly used lomgtrack, I will probably go with a 2"-lug 144" track.
Funny, I live in sorsele, "just" 250 km from where you are located!

I just went through Camoplast's catalog and I saw none in a 16X144. We know they exist since the MP came with it. All I could find were 15X144 in the Challenger 2" lugs.

The stock Ripsaw 16X144 is available from Yamaha but not from Camoplast? And at $964CAD, that's a lot just for an extra 1" on a crappy Ripsaw!

You could. Both are the same, just different shocks. I have a VL skid in my MP with my original 16" track. You would just lose a bit of floatation but then with a 2" paddle track, even 15" wide, you would gain extra traction.

My bad, I forgot to mention that the 144-track I have seen is a brp-track.
Sure, I could go with a 15", but if I can find a reasonably good solution I will go for the extra width.
I now managed to find a store nearby that has extended a fair amount of ventures/phazers. Customprojects isn't nearly as common here in Sweden as "over there", things are waaaay more pricey here, and therefore it's good to find expertise here!!!

Not sure if that's a typo or what on it because I see 16 X 44? Looked at all the other tracks there and there are none others in the 16 X 144, not even the Ripsaw.

Karl, you still running that 159x16x2 track? I guess you used extensions? That could also be a an option.

Yes, still running the Challenger 159x16x2 with 10" Gen 2 Simmons up front.

I got the track and 7.5" extensions from Tracks USA.

I found a slightly used track that i will put on in a week or so. It's 144*16*2.25. Do you think i'll have to cut the lugs and what gearing should i go with?

Well, the "new" track was a HUGE improvement!
Now I just have to change bushings in the frontsuspension, new bearings in the skid and maybe gear down, then im set!

Back