• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil change questions

RacinJason15

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
17' Yamaha Sidewinder LTX DX
So I have to do my oil change and as wondering if you guys just took one of the lines off.. And what's the best way to do this draining the oil tank... Without making a complete mess! Lol thanks

There is a oil drain plug it's on the putter most side by the foot rest.

RacinJason15 said:
So I have to do my oil change and as wondering if you guys just took one of the lines off.. And what's the best way to do this draining the oil tank... Without making a complete mess! Lol thanks

After you remove the foot guard on the right , buy a small fully that fits up inside and direct the mess out the bigger hole thru the running boards... works for me, just dont drop the plug in the funnel... then you have a mess all over again..LOL

YamahaTim said:

I got my Kit last night but have been working on the gauges, flares & trying get the simmons on to no avail but have not looked for the filter. do we have to remove the intercooler to get at the filter? I want to do this today while I have it apart.

Yamadog said:
YamahaTim said:

I got my Kit last night but have been working on the gauges, flares & trying get the simmons on to no avail but have not looked for the filter. do we have to remove the intercooler to get at the filter? I want to do this today while I have it apart.

No the filter is under the motor... there is a inspection plate on the bottom that needs to be dropped... dont you read your owners manual?? LOL

MrSled said:
Yamadog said:
YamahaTim said:

No the filter is under the motor... there is a inspection plate on the bottom that needs to be dropped... dont you read your owners manual?? LOL

OWNERS WHAT? The best way to get to know a sled is to do stuff and then when it does not work post on here its a lot easier than reading you just saved me 3 days of reading on the oil change :jump:

Besides at my age I have to take out my contacts, put on my reading glasses by then i have to go pee then I forget what I was doing. :moon:

Yamadog said:
MrSled said:
Yamadog said:
YamahaTim said:

OWNERS WHAT? The best way to get to know a sled is to do stuff and then when it does not work post on here its a lot easier than reading you just saved me 3 days of reading on the oil change :jump:

Besides at my age I have to take out my contacts, put on my reading glasses by then i have to go pee then I forget what I was doing. :moon:

LOL... to funny. :jump:

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the engine next to the filter. Do you still need to drain the tank?

meklke said:
There is a drain plug on the bottom of the engine next to the filter. Do you still need to drain the tank?

Yes, you need to drain the tank on the right side, pull the plug on the bottom of the motor near filter, then the filter.

Do we still have to loosen the breather on the motor?

Has anyone found a screen like is in bottom of all the other Yamaha tanks? If so I would like to clean or check the screen at my first oil change.

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Also notice the other line is not just a vent. Wonder why they have that going to the breather box? Wierd routing and venting. Was your screen dirty at all?

How many quarts did you guys get back in with the filter and drain the pan and the sump? I got about 3 1/4 quarts at operating temp.... Is that about right? Nothin in the owners manual about amount....

Back