• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension settings, RTX ONLY

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Seems like all the track lengths have their own personality from what I am reading. Figured I would start a model specific thread for suspension settings. I have yet to ride mine as allot of you know, would be nice to get it somewhat close to set up. Please list rider weight, number of studs if any and what characteristics you like about your setup along with all your settings. Maybe start one for the other models as well and give it a sticky?? Would be nice to have a place to start.

have a RTX Viper, weigh 220lbs , studded with 180 studs and woodys 8" slim jims, not much ski pressure at high speeds, feels a bit light in stock form, may try pulling limiter up a bit. front suspension is amazing to say the least. so far only complaint.

225lbs. 6" double down carbides (similar to slim Jims), 135 studs, billet blocks on soft, transfer blocks set at full, front(rear) shock set 1/2 way up the threads and front fox shocks at 70-75lbs. I have no complaints on the front and rear suspension as this thing rides like a dream compared to my Nytro xtx which rode like a brick.

here is the set up I like the best so far for trail riding, it s rtx se, I go 240# without my gear.
135 studs, 9" stud boy deuce bars. front shocks at 80psi. limiter strap up 1 hole from all the way out, 4 position billet adjusters set on 2, transfer blocks are out and I just run the cross shaft in their place and front skid shock was set so it just touched the spring, then I put 1/2" of preload on it. no bottoming, ski pressure is light but the sled still turns great, and every time in pin it the sled pulls the ski`s about 6" and holds them there

Set my rtx up much the same. Took transfer blocks out 6in woodies. Have springs on soft setting. loosened spring on front shock a 1/4 in. Tightened limiters one hole. fox floats at 65lbs. Oh yeah im 225lb. Think its a good all around setup. Turns like a champ. Finally got some snow so be getting some seat time this weekend. Should be awesome conditions so she how she does!!!

My settings are very similar.
85 psi on front shocks
Limiter strap pulled up one hole
Center spring with just enough pressure to hold the spring plus 1/4"
Setting m on the torsion spring
Running C&A razors with 8" woody's
No studs
Steering effort is light to medium in most trail conditons. Sterling effort only gets bad when you making first tracks on rock hard groomed trails.
Handles and rides light years better than my Nytro.
Flat in the corners and only slight push when riding in 4 plus inches of fresh snow

Rear Shock Valving Specs

Attachments

• DSC00623.JPG
    DSC00623.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 622
  • DSC00622 (Large).JPG
    DSC00622 (Large).JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 587
Latest settings:
145lb rider
Limiter 1 hole in
Couplers on 1
10wt Amsoil/200 psi
Center shock middle of threads
AC2704-026rh /2704-027 lh Torsions on softest

Front Evols:
60psi main
95psi evol
11 clicks out rebound
12 clicks out low speed
8 clicks out high speed

Updated final settings

Last edited:
RTX SETUP

Great idea to have a RTX only setup post. I now have 900 miles on and I am getting it dialed in....love the sled! I came off a 2008 FX Nytro with zbros front end (loved the Nytro but procross chassis is much more "planted").

I am 170lbs without gear.

Front limiter strap= hole #3 (shortened strap 2 holes more than stock setting)
Front shock= 1/4" tension after loosening to zero preload
Spring tension (triangle adjuster) = soft or thinnest side
Rear Transfer Blocks (4 sided black rubber "bumpers") = 1 or thinnest side
Front Fox Float 3s = 75lbs .....still playing with these, I have been as low as 65 lbs & as high as 85 lbs
Skis= stock skis with 6" dually
Studs = 2 studs per panel mounted on inside

I get absolutely no darting at any speed. Top speed so far = 101mph on ice pack road. Still get a little push in the corners depending on the conditions (I have been playing with psi of Fox floats hoping to help reduce push but not sure it matters too much... ).

I am seeing quite a range for the Fox Float lb settings from everyone....interesting.

Thanks for all your posts!

Fox Float 3 RC2: Main chamber 70 psi, evol chamber 160 psi. clickers are at stock settings
Front shock of skid, three full turns or half showing.
Rear shock, stock
Transfer blocks are on the lowest setting.
Pretty much awesome with the exceptions of studders. handles everything I can dish out.

Just started to tinker with it but here is what I did yesterday. 300#+ rider, 70psi up front, center shock spring stock, limiter straps pulled up 1 hole from all the way out, rear Springs on lightest setting, transfer blocks set to max transfer. I was at 80 psi last weekend and it was too much, lots of feedback through the bars. Rode a buddies f8 and he was at 65 and it felt pretty good but was a tad soft so I figured I would try 70. Pulled the strap up trying to help with the push in the corners. Rear seems to be loosening up some, it's getting more plush. Might have to tighten the rear springs soon but it's riding nice and not bottoming very often. 240 miles

100 miles again today. This thing rails in the corners now with the adjustments I made but I have lost all my weight transfer. The skis barely come off the ground and it spins all the time. Thinking about removing the coupler blocks completely.....

I want more sag. As much as any 2012 Procross. Finally got around to measuring.
1)14ac and yamaha rear suspensions are identical SP-vs-RTX
2)2012 ac and 14 Yamaha rear arms and linkage are exactly the same
3) mounting points are different this changes geometry. I believe this geometry Change put way more emphasis on the rear shock. Less progression. I intend to try putting the rear arm where it was in 2012 and valving from there. I am concerned a bit since the 12 cat had different drivers a 128" track and had the front arm mounted in front hole. These measurements were taken with a tape measure so not perfect but within 1/16in I believe. Let you know how it works.

Back