• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All 05's getting new CDI boxes....

Not sure, I brought mine down for a pre season and my dealer called me about the new clutch kits and also told me about this. I think he was trying to win me over again because he got my survey from Yamaha and he wasnt impressed with what I said. So far this year, he has been great to work with. Might want to give your dealer a call.

I am taking my sled in to have the idle adjusted and will talk about it then. I would like to put the Tors thing behind me.

Fortunately I have until mid december on one and March on the other. I suppose it would be wise to formally complain to the dealer before the warranty expires.

just got called today and getting cdi box was in for tors fix. they were going to ajust carbs and tps. now cdi box will fix this I hope. also was getting clutch rattle fixed at some time.

Just talked to my Yamaha dealer about the CDI problem and they are unaware of any replacement or fix for the CDI boxes. Let's hope Yamaha sends this out as a letter to each owner.

Never had a single problem with mine.I'm leary of getting an update if there is one.My sled runs perfect.

pro116 said:
Never had a single problem with mine.I'm leary of getting an update if there is one.My sled runs perfect.

my sled ran perfect until i had bout 2900 miles on it...then it acted up on everytime i rode :o|

I bypassed mine also. Had it act up on me three trips in a row. Bypassed it, never had a problem after that. I will get it fixed if I get a letter or something though...

there is a recall to for the shaft of the secondary clutch but not every unit is in this recal you will have to see with the serial number

gnip134 said:
I bypassed mine also. Had it act up on me three trips in a row. Bypassed it, never had a problem after that. I will get it fixed if I get a letter or something though...

I know this has been coverd before.. But how do you by-pass the switch... I think I remember something about the wires being under the handlebar pad... I wonder if I should call my dealer and find out if mine needs it.. It has never acted up.. :ORC MM.

I know this has been coverd before.. But how do you by-pass the switch... I think I remember something about the wires being under the handlebar pad... I wonder if I should call my dealer and find out if mine needs it.. It has never acted up.. :ORC MM.

[/quote]It explans in the manual how to do this , but with it bypass if the throttle sticks you will be on for a ride.

Back