• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sylvania Silverstar headlights - Excellent on Apex

rock

Pro
A prime example of how we can benefit from using this site is that I learned about the Silverstar headlights from TY. They make a huge difference in clarity and range. I don't know who first brought it up, but, I'm glad they did. I would recommend them to anyone and for about $35. it's a real nice upgrade. :D

Yes, we had 2 Apex's side by side a few weekends ago at night. The one without the Silverstars looked like it had candles for headlights!!

I have a set of the same bulbs in my ZX9R, next year I will take them out of it and swap them into the APEX!!!

They are pricey though. I am thinking of getting a silverstar for my bike for safety reasons alone. The stock sleds lights I find are good enough.

Keep an eye on ebay. You see them on there for as low as $10.00 a piece and only a few bucks for shipping. I have them in everyting except the ragtop, Halogens in her ;)!

The worst thing about the 06 headlight is there isnt any overlap between high and low beam, hi is way up there. I was thinking a bulb with a little different focal point to the 2 beams could help with that.
Do the silverstars help that problem?

Are the Silver Star bulbs a blue light? I have never had luck with the blues. Currently running standard halogen, but 100/80 watt Vs the stock 60/55 watt. Much brighter and do not go dim at slow idle on high beam with heaters on max and brake light on.

They run about $37 a pair at Wal-mart.

I can't believe some guys............spend $10K PLUS on a sled; $2.50/gallon or more on fuel; God-only knows what on hotels, tow vehicles and whatever.... and then still b!tch about spending $37 on a wonderful upgrade for your lights???????? Go Figure!!!!

buddah2 said:
They run about $37 a pair at Wal-mart.

I can't believe some guys............spend $10K PLUS on a sled; $2.50/gallon or more on fuel; God-only knows what on hotels, tow vehicles and whatever.... and then still b!tch about spending $37 on a wonderful upgrade for your lights???????? Go Figure!!!!

I can't believe some guys think just because someone buys a $10K sled that means they cash flowing out their pockets. I scrape and save dollar by dollar every season to pay for my permit, my gas, my trips. I'm not saying these bulbs aren't a good investment just please don't judge people as you have no idea what their financial situation may be.

Tork said:
The worst thing about the 06 headlight is there isnt any overlap between high and low beam, hi is way up there. I was thinking a bulb with a little different focal point to the 2 beams could help with that.
Do the silverstars help that problem?

Same problem here Tork. My low beam is aimed just right but if I use the high beam it's a bit too high above the trail to be of any use. If I adjust the high beam lower so it's pointing at the trail then the low beam is pointing at the ground. Small detail - but kind of frustrating.

;)!

The Sylvania Silverstar part # is 9003 and I picked mine up at Walmart. Put these in and set your sled next to one with stock bulbs and marvel at the upgrade. What makes it even more impressive is the fact that the stock ones aren't bad.

Thanks rock! My only concern is my bud put a set of these in his truck and they burned out in less than 6 months. And no he didnt touch them during installation. Just some fuel for thought!

Back