• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sylvania Silverstar headlights - Excellent on Apex

gregs30, I thought of that as well. I asked around and found that the important thing to do is get the 55/60 watt match to the stockers. These match and I've been nothing but pleased.

'Dog,

Don't go taking offense...........it wasn't directed at you.......or anybody in particular. Just an observation that people sometimes put emphasis on minute parts while blithely ignoring the overall picture. Just expressing an opinion. Everybody has to make their own spending choices. If you don't think they're worth it to you..........then they're not!

Peace!

caught a good deal($25) on ebay back end of November. bulbs are definately nicer than stock but the stock is no slouch.
the overlapping(or lack of) between hi & low beam does not change with the silverstar.
easiest way now is walmart, watching ebay for a better deal sometimes drives you nuts if they are a popular item.

gregs30

Did your buddy's truck have daytime running lamps? I believe I read once that some of these bulbs aren't recommened for all day use. Not sure if that's the case for all of them, but it's the reason I haven't put them in my Yukon.

ridesrx said:
I believe I read once that some of these bulbs aren't recommened for all day use. Not sure if that's the case for all of them, but it's the reason I haven't put them in my Yukon.

ridesrx,

I've had them in my SUburban for at least 2 years WITH the daytime running lights and no failures or any other issues.

Now for the draw back to watch for is at around 3000 miles the alt . seems to weaken a little on the apexs.. and the sled will miss or flutter slightly in mid range do to the amps being drawn with these bulbs.. Rebuild the alt. and its all ok. I have these in all my sleds and it is cheap way to increasa your safty. Lots safer at night.. Not sure if it will affect all apexs but if it happens you will know what to look for. byoffcr

Back