• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sylvania Silverstar headlights - Excellent on Apex

lights

be carefull installing 100/80 watt bulbs in your sled.the stator isnt made for this kinda draw with the hand warmers on.also your wires arnt thick enough to carry that much juice,they may melt causeing a potenial for a fire.ive had this happen on my rx1 and my srx this year.i melted the plugs right to the bulb and had to pry them apart.shane

Re: bulbs

byoffcr said:
They draw more than stock.

Why would one 55W bulb draw more then another 55W bulb? There also is no alternator on an Apex...and I don't think a charge coil can weaken it's more of a work or not work kinda thing.

I have bought the last Silverstar bulb I'll ever buy. Yes, they are a huge improvement for my Attak and you can really see a difference: But, they don't last very long. In 1,000 miles the "bright" beam in one bulb died. I had the same problem with the Siverstars in my truck, they burn out too quickly. To me they're all junk, regular bulbs are not as bright but they keep on keepin' on...

Re: bulbs

DoktorC said:
byoffcr said:
They draw more than stock.

Why would one 55W bulb draw more then another 55W bulb? There also is no alternator on an Apex...and I don't think a charge coil can weaken it's more of a work or not work kinda thing.
This is correct!

THKSNOW said:
I have bought the last Silverstar bulb I'll ever buy. Yes, they are a huge improvement for my Attak and you can really see a difference: But, they don't last very long. In 1,000 miles the "bright" beam in one bulb died. I had the same problem with the Siverstars in my truck, they burn out too quickly. To me they're all junk, regular bulbs are not as bright but they keep on keepin' on...
I've had the same set of silverstars in my Excursion and both of my sleds for 2 years with NO problems. Jay

THKSNOW said:

Same here, the bulb burnt out in less than 2 months on my wifes Benz.......bright yes, but they don't seem to last

NY_Nytro said:
buddah2 said:
They run about $37 a pair at Wal-mart.

I can't believe some guys............spend $10K PLUS on a sled; $2.50/gallon or more on fuel; God-only knows what on hotels, tow vehicles and whatever.... and then still b!tch about spending $37 on a wonderful upgrade for your lights???????? Go Figure!!!!

I can't believe some guys think just because someone buys a $10K sled that means they cash flowing out their pockets. I scrape and save dollar by dollar every season to pay for my permit, my gas, my trips. I'm not saying these bulbs aren't a good investment just please don't judge people as you have no idea what their financial situation may be.

AMEN! ;)!

I will give you a report,but it wont be soon,i want to ride whit the original one first and then switch,to really see the difference.

yves F 7 said:
I will give you a report,but it wont be soon,i want to ride whit the original one first and then switch,to really see the difference.

It only takes a few moments to put them in even in the daylight you should be able to tell. Put only one light in and start the sled you will then see the difference between the new bulb and the old one.

tried them on my civic,they are whiter and a Little stronger but not that much,not enough for 54$,i imagine that on snow it will be better because they are whiter but other than that !!!!

Headlamps

Bought a set for $30.95 including shipping in EBay for a 2007 RTX I just bought. Have them on both Apex's and love them.

an update on my osram lights,after a few rides at night whit friends,i can say that they are allot whiter but not stronger,compared to another apex,his lights were yellow compared to mine.

THKSNOW said:

GOOD CALL...1000-1500 mi mine burn out too,but if I'm paying $3.50+ gal gas, :o| what's another $37 every 1000 mi. or so.

Back