• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Freeride track opinions

hoov165x

Veteran
I would like to hear from you people that have removed the horrid 1" Ripsaw and replaced it with the Freeride track. Was it worth it? Were you able to dial out the front end push that a deeper profile track causes? How much of a decrease in top speed did you see? How was the change out, similar to any other jackshaft equiped sled?
Thanks!

teerex said:
What front end push do you mean ? I have ordered a 136"x1,5" freeride

The push that you get with more traction in the rear if you don't set the sled up with more ski pressure. As traction becomes more plentiful in the rear, the sled tries harder to go straight.

I see. I have the yamaha mountain skis, they have a deeper keel so that should compensate for the new track.
But the turbo will ofcourse try to get the skis up in the air... :flag:

DSC00004.jpg

Photoshopped:

fx.jpg

Changing to the freeride track isn't even an option, it just has to be done. I absolutely love mine. As far as the change out goes it's relatively easy. I have done 4 now, and the last one I did took me an hour and fifteen minutes. It looks like a far worse job then it is. :Rockon:

the freeride is awsome and make a huge difference. Hooks much better where as that little 1" track would just spin. As phazerfly said, it looks much harder to change than it is. Just pull the battery off, and that entire bracket with wireing comes off in one piece. Then you're down to brake and chaincase.

I am changing my track very soon, but I don't have the manual. Is there anyone who could tell med the torque settings and any special procedures ?

Can anyone post the top end loss for a 121" X 1.5" on an otherwise stock sled? Might need to add a few teeth to the bottom gear...?

lost about 7 kmph on top end when i through the the free ride track on the phazer but throwing heavier clutch weights in made up for it my phazer was reving at about 11780 rpm at top end now its running 11300 with the heavier weights makes up for the loss in top end

phazerfly said:
Changing to the freeride track isn't even an option, it just has to be done. I absolutely love mine. As far as the change out goes it's relatively easy. I have done 4 now, and the last one I did took me an hour and fifteen minutes. It looks like a far worse job then it is. :Rockon:

How to change the track without the service manual ? Any special precautions, og can anyone who have changed on other sleds to this ? (I have only done it on a Doo)

teerex said:
phazerfly said:

How to change the track without the service manual ? Any special precautions, og can anyone who have changed on other sleds to this ? (I have only done it on a Doo)

I don't mean to be a nag, but if you are going to "tear" into your sled, the U$60 manual cans ave you a lot of headache and may prevent you from damadging your U$7000 sled.
Seems like a no brainer...
Just my opinion...

Like I said earlier, I don't have the manual cause my dealer can't or won't sell it to me. And I will probably not get it elsewhere before my track arrives.

teerex said:
Like I said earlier, I don't have the manual cause my dealer can't or won't sell it to me. And I will probably not get it elsewhere before my track arrives.

Oh I am hip to it, and if you know what you are doing, you will probably be ok, I just like to do things by the book. I like attention to detail and these sleds have a lot of things uncommon to other sleds...must be the aviation nut in me wanting the manual so I can do the job right and put my name under it with confidence that I am not killing anyone....but it's just a sno-go ... I am sure you will be allright...
I have my manual at the office, but I will try to remember to pm you the appropriate pages (a pm would be a great reminder)
Ride on !!! :Rockon:

Yes I really want the manual, but just can't get it in time. But you could be my rescue ;)!

For my '98 MachZ I had the original shop manual and parts catalogue, and also a complete CD-ROM with all information possible to get.
I was the king, and never had to ask anyone (almost never) :Rockon:

Back