• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Feedback on Bergstrom skegs

I havent tried them, but i do know a lot of guys who swear by them.... viperdave loves his, contact him, he will give you some feedback, i think mr sled runs them as well.

I put them on after getting sick of pushing with the Doolys, and the triple-points are excellent turning carbides. With ski-savers and shims, there's no darting. Great setup.

Love mine too. About 1900 miles on the triple points and they still have 80% to 85% left. I took off the skisavers. Lost some MPG and some top end as well.

Could somebody post a pic of the tripple points with savers? I have Dooley's and have never had ski savers...
Nate

Yes stock ski`s and they corner really well almost to well. I use ski savers I cracked 1 putting it on but it works well will order anoither soon.I do have the shims but havent had the tiime or sled to out them in.Go to bergstromskegs.com very nice guy scott will talk to

I can't say anough about these wearbars that is good. I put them on both of my Apex's and swear by them. Out of 1600 miles this year, only one day did I experience some darting, and that was mostly due to unusual snow conditions. For the most part they handled beutifully. Scott set me up with 8" with 1/4" savers for my sled, and 3/8" for my wifes so it would steer lighter ( which it does). I tried them with and without the ski savers and didn't notice any milage difference, maybe because my thumb has more to due with things than anything, but I consistently got 16-17mpg with them on and saw 116 dream meter on groomed railbed consistantly. The wear after the season is nothing short of outstanding. I'll get 3000 miles at least the way it's going. Yes they are on stock ski's. I'll take pics of mine this weekend and post with pics of my ongoing stretch project. Jay.

In my opinion, nothing beats a sled that is set up properly, but I've been using Bergstroms from day 1 on the last 4 sleds I've owned, great wear, great customer service.

I'll be putting them on my new Attak I'm sure.

-Mook

I'll chime in as well. Been runnng Triplepoints since Scott introduced them. Been using his products for a LONG time LOL. Anyone who was at the January TY ride in Muni saw the difference the Triple's, Skisaver, and shimming makes. Rode the first day with all stock components. Darted like mad. Wrestled that thing for 190 miles. That night I remembered I had a set of 8" triples and a set of Skisavers in my parts box {For my 700 Venture}. Installed the bars and Skisavers, and added a 1/4" shim under the rear of the ski bumper. Next day, heading east on the Adams Trail, 115 mph on the dream meter...ONE HANDED!! This setup works. Call Scott, follow his reccomendations. He KNOWS what he is doing. Been lots of posts about this, but I don't mind telling it again. In a way, Scott does himself a huge disservice. His stuff works AND lasts. The bars on my Venture were originally on my Viper. 9,000 miles and the carbide is still all there. YA they're FLAT LOL!!. BUT, they are still there. Pay a little more, get a LOT more ;)!

Mikecam said:
Love mine too. About 1900 miles on the triple points and they still have 80% to 85% left. I took off the skisavers. Lost some MPG and some top end as well.

How much top end did you lose?

Mookster said:
In my opinion, nothing beats a sled that is set up properly, but I've been using Bergstroms from day 1 on the last 4 sleds I've owned, great wear, great customer service.

I'll be putting them on my new Attak I'm sure.

-Mook

Excellent point. I've used TP's on my Simmons and they are very aggressive, but will push slightly in loose stuff. As far as proper setup goes, I run 6" woody's NOT DOOLY'S, on the stock shimmed skis and they don't dart at all.

Back