• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro and the first 61 miles

Tookes

Expert
Here’s my review of the first 61 miles……….. Mostest (sp?)  fun sled I've ever ridden! Everything about the engine is impressive; throttle response is spot on and THE TORQUE IS AWESOME!! (especially for its CC class). The Torque Monster (per SnowTech) is a great name for it and not only in the low end but whenever you want or need it, it pulls hard without hesitation. The snow is still pretty crappy where we went, but we did find some deeper soft pockets and the sled handles like a dream in the powder, very responsive to even the most subtle of moves and it just flat out holds the line when side hilling. We found about a 400 foot 50 degree hill to climb with 2 to 3 of powder loaded up at the bottom of the hill (mostly small alders & bush as a base). I didn't even have to get a moving start I just rode right up to the bottom of the hill and the sled walked up it. A couple times I when into the climb slow in the start to test how the sled would response when the engine is under a load (like when you are about to get stuck), I squeezed the throttle to 3/4 and it powered up the hill like it was nothing. This sled is only stock, I’m going to have to wear some Depends on the first turbo ride.
As far as the KMOD rear skid goes all I can say is INCREDIBLE in every way, it soaks up the bumps and is great when climbing it keeps the track in correct position. The stock front shocks are soft and will be trying the Floats this weekend and will be added the new riser which should make difference as well, the stock riser did hit my thigh a couple times. The stock skis have to go unless the powder is on the ground. I’m going to try the Slydog PH’s (black & red).

Also my GF and all the guys I rode with were very impressed with the power and handling of the Nytro and 2 of them are diehard 2 strokers AC guy.

This is my first Yamaha and I'm very pleased. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• front angle.jpg
    front angle.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 157
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 150
  • KMOD & Camo track.jpg
    KMOD & Camo track.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 183

Glad you like the new ride my friend! Hope it treats you well this year. Good idea on the depends when you get the turbo, i wish i would of thought of them when i stepped on mine for the boosted ride....haha. \

The skid setup up looks good. How was the weight transfer with it, was it controlled and minimal? Have fun and try to keep the smiling to a minimal, your cheeks get sore after awhile. Later, Drew

SilentSno, everything but front rear shock and rails. Saved #17 lbs.

Hyflyr, the KMOD was perfect, Kevin (K in KMOD) says it will handle the turbo no problem, he rides a M1000 162 Turboed. I had the transfer blocks on the lowest setting and it hande the stock power awesome, very controlled I thought. Smiles of terror!!! LaLaLa

SilentSno said:
How much of the KMOD suspension do you have?

If you get the Kmod, the Float shock will save an additional 4 lbs, and the suspension brackets save 5 lbs, so a 26 lb. loss is possible.

That Kmod skid looks great! Hopefully I can order mine soon.

Very tempting...

did you ride it without the KMOD? If you did how would you note the difference?

Tookes
IF you can wait a week before you order I can loan you my Slydog powderhounds. They won't match so I KNOW I'll get them back! lol

Wish I would have thought about them last week! Maybe get another ride in on the stockers so you know which you like better if you use the the P/H.

Nice write up btw! Thanks!

Quick question, when riding in powder, does the snow fly up into you or does it spray to the side of the sled? Just wondering about the powder riding, thanks.

snopro6r said:
Quick question, when riding in powder, does the snow fly up into you or does it spray to the side of the sled? Just wondering about the powder riding, thanks.

It depends on how deep in get the nose into the powder. If i'm just doing some boondocking or playing in a bowl, it generally just goes to the side, but if i doing some tight cookies or jump if will come up into my face, but its no different than any other sled I've ridden.

Back