• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti Bottoming Kit - Yamaha

BLUEBALLER

Expert
Has anybody tried this out yet? Part # SMA-BUMPS-TO-PS $65.48 Cdn

Attachments

• SMABUMPSTOPS.jpg
    SMABUMPSTOPS.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,019

The rollers go behind the first set of wheels. When the suspension goes down, the torsion spring hits the anti-bottoming rollers and forces the spring up in the slotted retainer blocks (behind the wheel) to create more spring pressure to prevent bottoming.

Attachments

• 08fxnytrortx_7h_ab8b699a-2.jpg
    08fxnytrortx_7h_ab8b699a-2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 210
Well, I can't justify spending that much on some nylon rollers, so I guess I'll just machine my own and let you guys know how they work out. Shouldn't take more than 10 min on the lathe to make em. What does the outer diameter look like to you? about 1", 1 1/4" maybe?

i run them on my mtx's. also my mtx has the stiffer apex springs too. just adds spring overload help on large loads or big jumps, bumps. thats what the three holes behind the front outer idler are for.

u.s price isnt that bad. i bought mine via individual pieces from the dealer. all you really need is the roller and the sleeve. everything else you can get stainless at the hardware for cheaper. ski

skidooboy said:
i run them on my mtx's. also my mtx has the stiffer apex springs too. just adds spring overload help on large loads or big jumps, bumps. thats what the three holes behind the front outer idler are for.

u.s price isnt that bad. i bought mine via individual pieces from the dealer. all you really need is the roller and the sleeve. everything else you can get stainless at the hardware for cheaper. ski

uh-oh, I put my scratchers in the middle one of those holes. Do you think my torsion springs are hitting the scratchers?? I will have to look tomorrow.

There is no part number for the Apex, I used that part number which I believe is for a 05 Vector. I think it is the same for the Nytro.

numbers from the vector

8ES-47429-00-00 roller 17.35 list

90387-10025-00 sleeve or collar 4.47 list

90201-106F2-00 washer (2 per side required) .50

95817-10060-00 bolt 2.24 list

95607-10200-00 nut 1.65 list

to do both sides you need 2 of everything except the washers, which you will need 4 of. ski

okay, so just using another models, that makes sense...same function all that has to fit is the bolt threw the hole lol.

is it cheaper to order the parts, or the kit? obviously you could get washers and bolts from the hardware store for pretty cheap.

Back